The End of the Line

Discuss all your fishing books & magazines here.
SeanM
Tench

Re: The End of the Line

Post by SeanM »

My copy arrived yesterday. looks really good and a quick glance reveals that the LEP proof reading problems seem to have been resolved.

A fitting tribute to a great angler.
Quot homines, tot sententiae.

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

Mine arrived today ... and it's a privilege to own it. I shall be taking it away with me to The Old Gravel Pits next week ... and just hope I'm not so enthralled I don't get any angling in !!!
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Mick
Chub

Post by Mick »

My copy arrived this morning and it really does look like a cracking read. I have only read the tributes as yet and I found them very moving. I agree that LEP seems to have got it's proof reading sorted. Can't wait to get stuck into it. Tony was a great angler and a true gentleman.

Mark
Head Bailiff

Post by Mark »

My copy also came today, I am really looking forward to reading this over the close season.
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

Mario
Eel

Post by Mario »

my book came today and had little read looks good and well laid out

Paul F
Sea Trout

Post by Paul F »

My copy arrived this week, I think Tony Miles is one of the greatest coarse fishing specimen hunter writers, so it will be a quality read, shame it is his last work.
I think the production from LEP is quite poor, matt pages, the photo's just look like photocopies and not so sharp, done for a price.

Crucian
Eel

Post by Crucian »

My copy arrived this week and I'm a fair way through it already. A good read, but I agree with Paul, not great quality...at £30 it's not cheap either.

Mario
Eel

Post by Mario »

little egret has improved a lot since wayne took over there not quite the standard of harper fine angling but they are amongst the best if not the best but they don't produce that many titles may be wayne should go for quality over quantity of publications but its not my business its up to him but im very happy with the last few books ive bought

Return to “Fishing Books and Magazines”