Mr Crabtree 50th 2 variations.

Discuss all your fishing books & magazines here.
Reedling
Catfish

Mr Crabtree 50th 2 variations.

Post by Reedling »

I have seen a copy of Mr Crabtree the 50th Anniversary Edition which has the Luron advert inside the back page and the Pliquatic advert on the back, which is like the first edition. I have myself a 50th edition but this has a blank inside cover at the back and the back page is the same as the front but without the top title. Does anyone know if there are any other 50th variations please. :Hat:

Olly
Wild Carp

Re: Mr Crabtree 50th 2 variations.

Post by Olly »

I have the first one you speak of - Luron & Pliquatic adverts - 50th edition.

DaceAce
Eel

Post by DaceAce »

From what I remember the original 50th anniversary version was based on a copy that wasn't a true first edition hence the blank inside cover and Crabtree net on the rear cover which is the same as the 1957 edition I have but then it was pointed out that a true 1st edition had the advert so it was changed. I don't think there are other variations.

Reedling
Catfish

Post by Reedling »

Thanks for that chaps, I checked the ISBN numbers in case they varied but they are the same, as I read that edition versions can have slightly different end numbers. I will have a closer look when it comes. Nice to have the story of what occurred DaceAce, that is much appreciated. :Hat:

Return to “Fishing Books and Magazines”