Coarse Fishing by HTS

Discuss all your fishing books & magazines here.
Troydog
Tench

Coarse Fishing by HTS

Post by Troydog »

Another birthday came and it allowed the purchase of the above book from an online supplier. It’s a pretty scruffy copy but that doesn’t bother me. I have realised that I will never find books like this in second hand book shops - I just wont live long enough....
Trouble is, the fish just don't read the books......
John Harding

Troydog
Tench

Re: Coarse Fishing by HTS

Post by Troydog »

Disappointing copy because a previous owner has underlined paragraphs in black ink and someone else has done the same in red ink. I haven’t bought books online often before but I wondered how members manage to do it without getting spoiled books.
This Fishing by LA Parker arrived today unspoilt, but it was from a different source....
John Harding

Ally
Silver Bream

Post by Ally »

Seems you got cause to complain mate if the underlining wasnt mentioned in description, I did once and got a partial refund and was happy with that

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

Was it correctly described before selling? Was it cheap compared to other copies available?

Look for copies via Abe books or Coch y bonddu books.

Troydog
Tench

Post by Troydog »

My daughter Ursula bought it so I don't know what the description was but, yes it came via ABe; the Irish company that supplied it have agreed to let me have a refund.
John Harding

Martin James
Tench

Post by Martin James »

Tim This Fishing by LA Parker is a great read I have my first copy virtually a few days after publication, probably one of my most reaqd books, full of commonsence, try and get a copy of H T S book Anglers Hours, you will find the first chapter At Dawn of Day, excellent, the swim he is fishing will I reckon make you feel its a swim you have fished.

Troydog
Tench

Post by Troydog »

Thank you Martin - what a great chap Captain Parker seems to have been - a 'larger than life' individual. I am really enjoying his book, and as Olly said, there is so much more in it than 'Roach: How to catch them'
John Harding

Return to “Fishing Books and Magazines”