Fallon's Angler Issue 16

Discuss all your fishing books & magazines here.
The Tuesday Swim
Grayling

Re: Fallon's Angler Issue 16

Post by The Tuesday Swim »

Nigel Rainton wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:58 pm I went to order via the link, the implementation of Paypal is incorrect and therefore didn't buy. Why?
Dear Nigel, there has been some issues over the last few days, try this morning and PM me if you can't purchase a copy, we have our IT moles looking at it currently
regards

Nick

The Tuesday Swim
Grayling

Post by The Tuesday Swim »

Dear Nigel,
I've just tested the payment system and bought a copy of issue 16 (which is a shame as I have a box of them sitting by my feet!) but the good news is it all works
Thanks
Nick
PS please let me know if you purchase was a success?

Kev Parr
Perch

Post by Kev Parr »

Tonytoned wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:30 am I would dearly love to get a copy, but the only thing that puts me off is the site does not seem to be a secure.

:Confused:

I know PayPal is secure. But you still have to register with other details on Fallons Angler.
Garrett is working on the 'secure site' issue - but if you're worried then do drop him a line at editor@fallonsangler.net and I'm sure he'll be able to do something manually (or find another way!).

Kev Parr
Perch

Post by Kev Parr »

Lovely words from people - thank you all.

Its a really tough time, economically speaking, to be trying to run an independent magazine.....we're all pitching in but it can get demoralising at times, so hearing positive feedback is much appreciated. Thank you.

Tonytoned
Arctic Char

Post by Tonytoned »

Kev Parr wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:25 pm
Tonytoned wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:30 am I would dearly love to get a copy, but the only thing that puts me off is the site does not seem to be a secure.

:Confused:

I know PayPal is secure. But you still have to register with other details on Fallons Angler.
Garrett is working on the 'secure site' issue - but if you're worried then do drop him a line at editor@fallonsangler.net and I'm sure he'll be able to do something manually (or find another way!).
Thank you for your help Kev. I emailed him earlier today and he said he was working on the issue today and that he'd ping me an email when things are sorted.

:Hat:

Tonytoned
Arctic Char

Post by Tonytoned »

Kev Parr wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:39 pm Covers.jpg

Hi all

As promised on other threads, here is a quick heads up to let people know that Issue 16 is available.

Chris Y features on the cover and writes about his return to Waller's Haven with Mr Green's Rod - the story of the film - while also providing the words and subject matter for the 'What's in Your Bag?' feature, which, in Chris's case, is not very much!

Despite the fact that Nick and I were members here (and strangers to one another) long before Fallon's Angler was born, we try to avoid blatant plugging because it can put noses out of joint and does feel a bit cheeky.

It is a labour of love - there's not much money - which we are all determined to succeed without selling off pages of advertising, but that does make us entirely reliant on subscriptions and cover sales. So if you fancy a read and have the pennies - please follow the link....

http://fallonsangler.net/shop/

Thanks all

best Kev
Website sorted Kev. Many thanks :Thumb:
I have just ordered my copy of issue 16, looking forward to reading it

:tea:

Kev Parr
Perch

Post by Kev Parr »

Brilliant - hope you enjoy it!

DWW
Grayling

Post by DWW »

Brilliant issue as always ! Thanks !

Mark
Head Bailiff

Post by Mark »

Thanks for the link Kev, I have just ordered two copies of issue 16, one for Martin James and one for myself. :Hat:
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

Luga00
Brown Trout

Post by Luga00 »

I have my copy. It is superb. Worth it just to see Scott featured and to see Chris Yates’ tobacco tin.
Russ

Return to “Fishing Books and Magazines”