Amazon Kindle

Discuss all your fishing books & magazines here.
Tony1964

Amazon Kindle

Post by Tony1964 »

Ok stop booing and shouting and let me finish....

I love reading wherever I am but I have to admit that I have more than a little OCD in terms of book care. I love to keep all of my books and magazines as if they have just rolled off the press. I took a book fishing once and I would never do it again. Dirty smudges on the dust sheet and the remnants of a squashed insect (must have put the book down on it when running to the rods) made me very cross indeed.

Since this incident I have bought a Kindle to take on my travels. The first book I bought (for just a few pence) was the compleat angler. I currently have 33 books stored on it and take them everywhere.

Of course, at home, a proper book has no substitute!

Mark
Head Bailiff

Re: Amazon Kindle

Post by Mark »

Well Tony, your've just seen what Chris Yates does with his kindle, he makes a good cup of tea. :laugh: :laugh:
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

Tony1964

Post by Tony1964 »

:hide: I knew the post would be light blue touch paper and retire to a safe distance :laugh:

I know they are horrid things that are not at all traditional but just seem to make sense when out in the countryside. I love books and kindles could never replace them but it is only because I love books that I have one of these things to protect the books I have by keeping them at home safe and sound :)

Mark
Head Bailiff

Post by Mark »

tony1964 wrote::hide: I knew the post would be light blue touch paper and retire to a safe distance :laugh:

I know they are horrid things that are not at all traditional but just seem to make sense when out in the countryside. I love books and kindles could never replace them but it is only because I love books that I have one of these things to protect the books I have by keeping them at home safe and sound :)
Only pulling your leg Tony, I haven't got one but I can see there uses. :wink:
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

Return to “Fishing Books and Magazines”