What are you reading?

Discuss all your fishing books & magazines here.
Santiago
Wild Carp

What are you reading?

Post by Santiago »

Currently, I am reading Rod and Line by Arthur Ransome. Having just started I am not in a position to give a review, other than that from the first few chapters it's great reading ; especially when one cannot get out and fish because of the flooding.

Anyway, I thought I might ask to see what other folk on the forum are reading currently? Fishing wise!
"....he felt the gentle touch on the line and he was happy"

Hemingway

Shropshire Lad
Perch

Re: What are you reading?

Post by Shropshire Lad »

BBs the white road westward travel book from his travels in Devon and Cornwall during the spring and summer of 1960

Tonytoned
Arctic Char

Post by Tonytoned »

These are what I'm reading at the moment depending on my mood. Carp Reflections by Paul Selman, I can relate to this book where he reflects on his fishing during the 70's & 80's my era's. Also Weather and Bird Behaviour by Norman Elkins. Published by T & AD Poyser. I have many of these books. All interesting reads

Aitch
Pike

Post by Aitch »

Typhoon Pilot by Desmond Scott
Just one more cast love, and I'll be on me way home

Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but pictures and memories

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

Shropshire Lad wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 4:50 pm BBs the white road westward travel book from his travels in Devon and Cornwall during the spring and summer of 1960
Great choice :Thumb:

I've just finished a carp book that failed to ignite any passion but have the new Rod Hutchinson book to start. Not many words and lots of photo's but hey, it's Rod and you have to read it.

Bob Brookes
Zander

Post by Bob Brookes »

The Old Man and the Boy by Robert Chester Ruark. I shall mention no name but it was gifted to me by a Golden Scale member who reckons it is the best book he has read. I am now 1/3 through it and I agree it is excellent, but different.
"You do not cease to fish because you get old, you get old because you cease to fish"

MGs
Pike

Post by MGs »

Apart from the entire set of Arthur Ransome's Swallows and Amazons series (8 down 4 to go), Martin Bowler's A fish for all seasons
Old car owners never die....they just rust away

Tengisgol
Barbel

Post by Tengisgol »

Just about to start ‘Dark Waters’ by Stephen Harper but I need to read fast as it looks like there are some book-shaped parcels under the tree with my name on... :wave:
Where the willows meet the water...

https://sites.google.com/site/tengisgol/

GregF
Crucian Carp

Post by GregF »

H is for Hawk by Helen Macdonald (again!) Love this book and think I may have a crush on the author.
"Give up haste and ambition, close your mouth, only then will you comprehend the spirit of Tao" - Lao Tze

Fredline
Tench

Post by Fredline »

Ostrich Country an early David Nobbs.
If you have no grease with you, and your rings are full of ice, do not cut out the ice with a pen-knife but get your man to put the rings one by one in his mouth, and so to thaw the ice.
John Bickerdyke.

Return to “Fishing Books and Magazines”