Woldale

Discuss all your fishing books & magazines here.
Julian
Salmon

Re: Woldale

Post by Julian »

Loop Erimder wrote:Fear not my fellow piscators. For when I win euro millions I shall find and purchase an old estate lake that will be stocked with leney carp and some other requested species. The lake will be some 5 acres lots of features etc. completely surrounded by trees of various makes, lush green grass and appropriate facilities hidden within the woodland area. A small shop to entrance to pick up any supplies you may of forgotten , a good supply of dried twigs and tea for Kelly kettles. For those wishing to bivvy up there will be purpose made vintage style bivvies. Strictly tff members only and each will be issued with a key to unlock the main gated entrance. And of course free cake.......................
Add me to the list now :D
There is no peace on earth like the peace of fishing in the early mornings

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

Yeah, I don't mind roughing it Loop so I'll be up for some of that :D

Loop Erimder
Wild Carp

Post by Loop Erimder »

Finished the book and was very easy to read I liked it :thumb:
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish

Mario
Eel

Post by Mario »

the first edition is on ebay at the moment if anyone is after one

Nigel Rainton
Rainbow Trout

Post by Nigel Rainton »

is there a forum protocol for bidding on eBay items like this 1st edition of Woldale ? I was thinking about bidding but I don't want to get into a bidding war with another forum member. Do we have a gentlemens agreement about such things ?

Loop Erimder
Wild Carp

Post by Loop Erimder »

You go ahead and bid away sofasurfer, I pipped SK once on a Fred Crouch Ariel :Chuckle:

FYI I wont be bidding I have it already
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish

Mark
Head Bailiff

Post by Mark »

SofaSurfer wrote:is there a forum protocol for bidding on eBay items like this 1st edition of Woldale ? I was thinking about bidding but I don't want to get into a bidding war with another forum member. Do we have a gentlemens agreement about such things ?
There is no official agreement SofaSurfer you are reliying on forum Courtesy. :Hat:
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

Shaun Harrison
Zander

Post by Shaun Harrison »

I made the mistake a few weeks back of mentioning somewhere that the Canon G5 is a cracking camera to carry around in the pocket when you are trying to cut down on the bulk of a larger camera for the opportunist shots. I said that you can usually pick them up second hand off eBay for around £50.00 I then had to purchase another myself and suddenly they were hitting the £80 mark. Served me right and lesson learned to keep quiet. I had to wait a couple of weeks for those who obviously had read my tip to finish haggling with each other for the next ones up before they dropped back to a sensible level again that makes them a useful quality camera that you don't mind knocking around a little.

Plot36
Roach

Post by Plot36 »

Shaun, could you put the word out that Abu Suverans are worthless pieces of junk please :Thumb:

I've been looking out for one for a while but the prices they've been making recently seem to have gone through the roof.

Shaun Harrison
Zander

Post by Shaun Harrison »

That wouldn't be playing the white man but saying that writing it isn't either. Not quite PC somehow so I apologise.

Return to “Fishing Books and Magazines”