Wood pool by BB

Discuss all your fishing books & magazines here.
Mario
Eel

Re: Wood pool by BB

Post by Mario »

some peaple must have very deep pockets

Julian
Salmon

Post by Julian »

I have the original Medlar hardback editions of Wood Pool and Be quiet and go-a-angling, as well as Woldale. In addition to those I also have the original Medlar hardback editions of Four Seasons, The River Diaries and Shadows & Reflections by Yates, plus A Fishermans Testament (Venables), Along Fishermans Paths (Mike Winter), The Carp Catchers Club (Ingham)Net on the Garage Wall (Peter Rolfe), Something Fishy (Phil Woodhall), and Aphrodites Carp (John Langridge) .
The above are all limited and numbered editions and, although they were quite expensive at £30 t £50 each new (Carp Catchers was £60 I believe), I received most of them as Christmas or birthday presents.
I believe they all hold their value reasonably well, and I can strongly recommend every one of the above books.
In addtion to those, I have later and/or unlimited editions of some other Medlar books including The Fishing Box (Maurice Genevoix), The River Prince and The Waterlog Years (Yates), Fishing for a Year (Hargreaves), My Fishing Days and Fishing ways (J. W. Martin), An Angler at Large (William Caine), and Rod and Line Arthur Ransome). All of these are also very good reads.
There is no peace on earth like the peace of fishing in the early mornings

Mario
Eel

Post by Mario »

all very good books julian. i have a very good first edition of the wood pool

Mario
Eel

Post by Mario »

i managed to get hold of the leather bound wood pool book by medlar and it is a stunning copy of the book its up there as one my best leathers i have

MikeM
Stickleback

Post by MikeM »

I have my original first edition purchased with the help of a ten shilling book token ( from my late in-laws) .

My wife got it for me from Foyles when she was on a trip to London

Probably the best ten shillings I have ever spent

Black Prince
Crucian Carp

Post by Black Prince »

I have a wonderful library of some very good wild fowling books a life time of collecting and the guns to go with them a lovely 8 bore like bb used to use also a mad moment by a Young man no good to me any more a split second ruined me you don't know what's around the corner but I can still go fishing :fishing so all is not lost that's how I found this wonderful forum and my love for cane rods blossomed :fishing2: mike :Hat:

Mario
Eel

Post by Mario »

I've also got the first edition of the book

Return to “Fishing Books and Magazines”