Waterlog Magazine

Discuss all your fishing books & magazines here.
Gary Bills
Rainbow Trout

Re: Waterlog Magazine

Post by Gary Bills »

Mark wrote:
farliesbirthday wrote:
Mark wrote:
Snape wrote:FB
Could you be persuaded to put it up on this site for us to read?
Yes, that would be nice FB.
My scanner's bust - otherwise I'd be glad to. If anyone wants to scan it in for me, they have my permission, of course!
Otherwise, I could cut and paste from the original manuscript...?
A cut and paste from the original manuscript would be fine FB.
Consider it done!

Gary Bills
Rainbow Trout

Post by Gary Bills »

You'll find it in my fishing diary section. Thank you all for your interest.

Mark
Head Bailiff

Post by Mark »

farliesbirthday wrote:You'll find it in my fishing diary section. Thank you all for your interest.
On my way there FB :thumb:
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

PondPikey

Post by PondPikey »

Why not have a "e-zine" extension from this forum for members to submit and read articles. Its easily done. Would take me all of a few minutes to show you the concept :)

The Sweetcorn Kid
Wild Carp

Post by The Sweetcorn Kid »

Sounds perfect PP, I'm sure Mark will be well up for that. :hat:
SK
The Compleat Tangler

“Imagination is the real magic that exists in this world. Look inwards to see outwards. And capture it in writing.”

Nigel 'Fennel' Hudson

Click here for my Youtube Channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeoyLH ... 5H4u8sTDgA

PondPikey

Post by PondPikey »

Link sent to Mark for review. I really like the thought of us supplying some decent articles that can be stored for prosperity or in the guise of some sort of rotary letter. I think if we had enough interest it could really work.

Mark
Head Bailiff

Post by Mark »

PondPikey wrote:Link sent to Mark for review. I really like the thought of us supplying some decent articles that can be stored for prosperity or in the guise of some sort of rotary letter. I think if we had enough interest it could really work.
Thanks for the PM PondPikey, this does sound like a great idea but we have only been up and running for three months and still in our infancy stage. I dont want to take too much on too soon but will definately look at this in the future. :hat:
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

Colonelgsc
Roach

Post by Colonelgsc »

Weyfarer wrote:
Tadpole wrote:
farliesbirthday wrote:We are all active, articulate anglers, I think: and if Forum members feel that the magazine's standard is falling, why not support the magazine by submitting articles for consideration, to help bring the standard back up?
That exactly what happened, Waterlog invited competent 'web authors' but to compare with the likes of Yates, Venebles, Profumo, Petley...the list goes on, Waterlog has become tired/lazy which was a real shame as I used to love receiving Waterlog especially during the colder months.

The suggestion from the Sweetcorn kid is a good one, go for the back issues, they are excellent! If I was asked to do Dessert Island Disks, which is very unlikely, my 'book' would be issues 1-50 of waterlog, if allowed?

Couldn't agree more with Tadpole and SK. I really should end my subscription but I have the whole series you see and.............................and I'm a bloke and have to have a complete set goddamit.

I have a couple of friends who've published some good stuff and also others who just cannot get their excellent works accepted. At least the well known tackle collector's foreign travel articles have dried up. If you want a clue then see who uses exclamation marks after nearly every sentence! That'll be him!
Apologies, chaps, I appear to have got a little behind, but 'Waterlog' was a passion of mine for a number of years, until, as most seem to agree, Yatesy left the gang and then the downhill slide began, I feel. I have therefore stopped my subscription, quit while I was winning, and spent the dosh on having the 'first fifty' classics leatherbound. I have a vague suspicion I've posted something about that before, so, again, apologies, for being a repetitive old duffer.

Seasons greetings to one and all.

"If you can wait, and not be tired of waiting......" Kipling

Haydn Clarke

Post by Haydn Clarke »

colonelgsc wrote:. I have a vague suspicion I've posted something about that before, so, again, apologies, for being a repetitive old duffer.
Seasons greetings to one and all.

You have posted elsewhere, Colonel, on PP to be precise. Have to say, those binders look the bee's knees. Always get those two confused. Do you mind me asking how much that cost to have done?

Snape
Bailiff

Post by Snape »

Those look lovely binders colonel - feeling a little jealous here to say the least as my issues 1-50 are just stacked up on a shelf.
“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Return to “Fishing Books and Magazines”