Waterlog Magazine

Discuss all your fishing books & magazines here.
Colonelgsc
Roach

Re: Waterlog Magazine

Post by Colonelgsc »

Haydn Clarke wrote:
colonelgsc wrote:. I have a vague suspicion I've posted something about that before, so, again, apologies, for being a repetitive old duffer.
Seasons greetings to one and all.

You have posted elsewhere, Colonel, on PP to be precise. Have to say, those binders look the bee's knees. Always get those two confused. Do you mind me asking how much that cost to have done?
Thought so !! Don't wish to appear at all boastful etc but they do give me a great deal of pleasure, which I hope I can share with my fellow bookworms. Not cheap at £60 a volume, Hayden, but the chap is a master bookbinder of 40 years experience and I'm yet to observe work to better him. So admiring of his skills am I that I've had him bind, in full leather, a number of my favorite volumes, one being BB's 'Confessions', in a delightful pastel green calf leather. It's the 3rd edition with the final chapter, 'Christopher Yates' Record Carp' and, of course, the account of Walker's record too. Having those two evocative tales within the pages of one book is a rather special tribute to 'traditional' carp fishing; most certainly a book I shall never tire of reading, and the pleasure is all the more for the leather binding.
The honourable Yates was particularly taken with it when I took it to him for a personal inscription, so I've acquired another '3rd edition' and it is being similarly bound, as we speak, to put in his Christmas stocking...........................providing the postie can make it from Cumbria to the wilds of Wiltshire through this snow!!!!

"If you can wait, and not be tired of waiting......" Kipling

Mark
Head Bailiff

Post by Mark »

very nice indeed.
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

The Sweetcorn Kid
Wild Carp

Post by The Sweetcorn Kid »

Brilliant Colonel!!! :hat:
SK
The Compleat Tangler

“Imagination is the real magic that exists in this world. Look inwards to see outwards. And capture it in writing.”

Nigel 'Fennel' Hudson

Click here for my Youtube Channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeoyLH ... 5H4u8sTDgA

Return to “Fishing Books and Magazines”