New British carp Record perhaps....

This forum is for discussing carp.
Shaun Harrison
Zander

Re: New British carp Record perhaps....

Post by Shaun Harrison »

I would rephrase that...

“It’s a very sad day but the reason it came out five times [this year] is down to the calibre of the TOY BOAT USERS fishing for it.” :snooty: :whistle:

I don't see presenting baits from toy boats as angling myself. I never have.

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

Don't be so dogmatic Shaun, at least they are quieter than drones :Chuckle:

JAA

Post by JAA »

Dave Burr wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:34 am Don't be so dogmatic Shaun, at least they are quieter than drones :Chuckle:
Shaun Harrison wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:28 am I would rephrase that...

“It’s a very sad day but the reason it came out five times [this year] is down to the calibre of the TOY BOAT USERS fishing for it.” :snooty: :whistle:

I don't see presenting baits from toy boats as angling myself. I never have.
:Hahaha:

It's hard to see how they can keep kidding themselves really. :Tongue:

One can only hope that in the future, some of them wake up in the middle of the night and, smacking a palm against their forehead and muttering some admonishment at their own cupidity, resolve to go and buy a cane rod and a center-pin then start again.

Shaun Harrison
Zander

Post by Shaun Harrison »

One step at a time.

Beresford
Sea Trout

Post by Beresford »

Shaun Harrison wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:28 am I don't see presenting baits from toy boats as angling myself. I never have.
I agree – it's certainly not angling with rod and line which together define angling, to me at least. It's just trapping. Where is the angling skill in using a radio control boat to place a bait that is probably set-up as a self hooking rig? I honestly would rather paint my walls or cut the grass than be involved in any of that kind of thing.

I know I'm a terrible snob but I hate the language that has grown up with modern carp fishing and which seems to denigrate the fish at every syllable.
The Split Cane Splinter Group

Paul D

Post by Paul D »

Beresford wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:10 pm
Shaun Harrison wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:28 am I don't see presenting baits from toy boats as angling myself. I never have.
I know I'm a terrible snob but I hate the language that has grown up with modern carp fishing and which seems to denigrate the fish at every syllable.
I must be a snob as well , didn't think I was but I totally agree with you. :Hat:

Bobthefloat
Rainbow Trout

Post by Bobthefloat »

Paul D wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:20 am
Beresford wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:10 pm
I must be a snob as well , didn't think I was but I totally agree with you. :Hat:
Quite right I've always said if you can't cast and present a bait there don't fish there.

Santiago
Wild Carp

Post by Santiago »

I use a real boat to get to where I fish and often just lower the bait into the water! Lol. Let folk fish how they care. Enough of all this snobbery! :Scared:
"....he felt the gentle touch on the line and he was happy"

Hemingway

Slumption
Bleak

Post by Slumption »

Sad news however the parrot lived a long life. I find the whole big rig issue disgusting, its unfair on the fish and selfish of the fishery owner. In the 80's a 20lber was a big fish and a 30lber a fish of a life time. Now it seems that 40lbers come out all the time so carpers feel they need to get a 50 or 60lber to really mean anything. My only interest in carp fishing is float fishing for them, a small carp is a beast on light tackle.

Shaun Harrison
Zander

Post by Shaun Harrison »

...and a long carp is a beast on any tackle!
After many years of searching I have found a new paradise stocked with some lovely old strains.

Return to “Carp (Cyprinus carpio)”