How large will King Carp grow, naturally...?

This forum is for discussing carp.
RBTraditional
Catfish

Re: How large will King Carp grow, naturally...?

Post by RBTraditional »

I was only joking Shaun......
" Angling is not an escape from life, but often a deeper immersion into it..."

https://thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk/

Crucian
Eel

Post by Crucian »

I guess the answer is, for most of us... big enough :whistle:

Shaun Harrison
Zander

Post by Shaun Harrison »

RBTraditional wrote:I was only joking Shaun......
I know, I love a bit of tongue in cheek, I do a lot of it.

Gary Bills
Rainbow Trout

Post by Gary Bills »

Shaun Harrison wrote:Where are these waters with automatic boilie guns? I've never come across one in my 39 years of travelling the U.K. and Europe carp angling.
I must get a price list into them.
I replied, then deleted - because I admit to not being absolutely certain as to which water it was - but a well-known water, among several, owned by the same people - which, according to an article I read but now cannot find, was brought on by the use of automatic boilie and pellet feeders, going night and day...yes, it might have been a one off, but surely the principle is wrong?

Gary Bills
Rainbow Trout

Post by Gary Bills »

Gary Bills wrote:
Shaun Harrison wrote:Where are these waters with automatic boilie guns? I've never come across one in my 39 years of travelling the U.K. and Europe carp angling.
I replied, then deleted - because I admit to not being absolutely certain as to which water it was - but a well-known water, among several, owned by the same people - which, according to an article I read but now cannot find, was brought on by the use of automatic boilie and pellet feeders, going night and day...yes, it might have been a one off, but surely the principle is wrong?
Ah yes, I've found a reference on North West carp - the article was in the AT, it seems:

"AT have published an article stating the decesion by Rob Hales to install an automatic feeder at "The Avenue" has "ruffeled a lot of feathers on the big carp scene".The feeder is a computer operated air cannon which is set to deliver a small quantity of 6mm pellets at set time throughout theday, small quanitities on a regular basis. These gizmos havebeen usedfor a number of years i France and Germany on lakes where very large carp reside."

Gary Bills
Rainbow Trout

Post by Gary Bills »

Just to show it's not a figment of my warped imagination, here's a reference:

http://www.northwestcarp.co.uk/forums/g ... eders.html

Shaun Harrison
Zander

Post by Shaun Harrison »

Ah well, although a friend of many years Rob is the pinnacle of commercial carp and has been obsessed with growing the biggest for many years. Far from his waters being anything like the norm' though. He has too much money to play with after the Cabbage Patch Dolls and Telly Tubby's successes. I mean, how many other houses do you go to and see the Cheltenham Gold Cup sat on the mantlepiece - I kid you not. Rob does however cater for those who want to know what it's like to hook 30 and 40 lb carp regardless of the artificiality of it all.

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

Thankfully places like The Avenue are few and far between. I suppose there are always going to be those that want to take a short cut to success, take a look at the commercial trout fishing scene at venues such as Avingdon and the like.

Our country is too small for there to be wild venues for all of us and any time a place or method is found to open a new area of the sport it has the butt hyped out of it and everybody tries to grab there few penneth worth in promoting and selling it. The level field is soon restored.

It is why I have spent some time seeking out French river carp. They have grown naturally to over 80lbs without ever seeing a boilie, they have no names and are difficult to track down and catch - a point which has featured heavily in my results. But already, many of those rivers have seen heavy fishing from British anglers. Never mind small country, maybe the world is too small.

TFF trip to Northern Korea anybody? :Chuckle:

Gary Bills
Rainbow Trout

Post by Gary Bills »

TFF trip to Northern Korea anybody?

Yes Dave - let's go after "Fat Boy".... :Hahaha:

Well, after "Fat Lady" on APFA, why not?

Scott
Tench

Post by Scott »

Dave Burr wrote:TFF trip to Northern Korea anybody? :Chuckle:
I know a North Korean chap, I asked him;

"How is life there?"
"Can't complain."

I'll get my coat.

Return to “Carp (Cyprinus carpio)”