Timing....

This forum is for discussing carp.
GregF
Crucian Carp

Re: Timing....

Post by GregF »

Well done on the thirty-pounder Skeff. Any news of what the Parrot weighed? Could Mr. Hearn be the first angler in history to catch two record carp...
"Give up haste and ambition, close your mouth, only then will you comprehend the spirit of Tao" - Lao Tze

Nigel Rainton
Rainbow Trout

Post by Nigel Rainton »

A couple of years ago while on a carp mission, I sat in the same swim about twice a week for several weeks. Carp would take the bait alongside a marginal weedbed at 5:00pm. Before then nothing much happened. At 4:30 my concentration increased, I sat forwards on my seat, hand hovering over the rod. Sure enough the indicator crept up and the carp was hooked. Probably not due to light levels, just patrolling the same route every day.

GregF
Crucian Carp

Post by GregF »

GregF wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:36 pm Any news of what the Parrot weighed? Could Mr. Hearn be the first angler in history to catch two record carp...
Ah, just seen it elsewhere on the internet. 63lb. Not a record, still a monster though.
"Give up haste and ambition, close your mouth, only then will you comprehend the spirit of Tao" - Lao Tze

Tengisgol
Barbel

Post by Tengisgol »

I'm not a fan of the current carp scene but from what I have seen and read I reckon Terry Hearn is a fantastic angler. He's a hunter of fish, with a true natural ability, what seems to be a great sense of humour and I've thoroughly enjoyed his books. Whilst he seems very serious about what he does, my guess would be he doesn't take himself too seriously. Congratulations Skeff and to Mr Hearn also.
Where the willows meet the water...

https://sites.google.com/site/tengisgol/

Pallenpool
Zander

Post by Pallenpool »

Let's hope so - and preferably a repeater at that :Hahaha:
No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man.

Heraclitus

www.thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk

Skeff
Crucian Carp

Post by Skeff »

Tel is rather happy! 63lb is a new best for him... Oh! and he had the take at 7.45 am.... As for me, I'm going fishing tomorrow from 7.30 until 8.30!

Bobthefloat
Rainbow Trout

Post by Bobthefloat »

Looking forward to seeing you again this August Skeff and thanks for the heads up.
Carp on the bank by 8:30 and tea and breakfast in the Hut at 9 am can't wait! :fishing1:
Atb
Terry

Barbulus
Tench

Post by Barbulus »

Breamore.....well you have just brought back a whole raft of happy memories there.....loved fishing Breamore in the 80's

Julian
Salmon

Post by Julian »

I think that weather conditions can play a part in times that fish will feed more eagerly, but that it is far more complicated, with many factors involved, than just saying the wind is blowing one way or the pressure is increasing or temperatures are falling.
Spending a few seasons in the 80's fishing for tench in the summer I noted that a settled period of hot weather in June/ July that ends with a thunderstorm usually brought tench on to feed significantly immediately after or even during the storm. Even if it does, the occurrence of those conditions are too infrequent to be of much use.
There is no peace on earth like the peace of fishing in the early mornings

Skeff
Crucian Carp

Post by Skeff »

BobTheFloat wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:15 pm Looking forward to seeing you again this August Skeff and thanks for the heads up.
Carp on the bank by 8:30 and tea and breakfast in the Hut at 9 am can't wait! :fishing1:
Atb
Terry
Very civilised isn't it Terry? Mind you, by then the pressure will be high, the winds from the South West, the swallows will be flying anticlockwise, Leo will be ascendent and the bites will all come at 2am... :Chuckle: I look forward to seeing you back on the banks of Ashmead.

Return to “Carp (Cyprinus carpio)”