Carpinista

This forum is for discussing carp.
Moley
Brown Trout

Carpinista

Post by Moley »

Southill Park 1315-1730

Would have had an earlier start but met Mike lurking in the car park, much chatting followed :Wink:

Set up a very light quiver with a cone and ledger rig on a home made glass rod. The reel was my old Winfield Spinfisher and 4lb line:

These are the better looking ones of the eight who dropped by. The biggest was 15lb+ and the rest varied between doubles and singles........only one other angler caught a single fish :Hat:

Not long now before others start getting worked up about this etc.

As ever,........

Moley
Say aye tae'a pie!

Luga00
Brown Trout

Re: Carpinista

Post by Luga00 »

Marvellous, beautiful fish.
What bait did they succumb to Moley?
Russ

Paul D

Post by Paul D »

Well done Mr Mole, another fine catch. :Hat: please don't take offence but you are a dead ringer for Mr Hargreaves.

Michael
Tench

Post by Michael »

Yes, it was thoroughly enjoyable having a chin wag Moley, OK the wagging went on a tad :oops: , and of course the pleasure of meeting the one and only, the leg-end himself......

Moley
Brown Trout

Post by Moley »

First off, many thanks for the kind words everyone.

And to answer some of the questions raised:
Luga00 wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:44 pm Marvellous, beautiful fish.
What bait did they succumb to Moley?
Russ
The cone is a way of presenting pellet paste and single pellet Russ.....very effective on windy venues at this time of year :Wink:

Some of the carp in this Estate lake are very striking in their winter colours and are pretty.
Paul D wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:35 pm Well done Mr Mole, another fine catch. :Hat: please don't take offence but you are a dead ringer for Mr Hargreaves.
I think it's the beard........

Personally I believe I'm better looking........ :Chuckle:
Michael wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:32 pm Yes, it was thoroughly enjoyable having a chin wag Moley, OK the wagging went on a tad :oops: , and of course the pleasure of meeting the one and only, the leg-end himself......
It was thoroughly enjoyable.

Always good to finally meet up with someone after all this time.....look forward to seeing you on the lakes in the near future. The Leg-End was the only other to catch....one fish. And he was getting a bit lively at having a Fat Mole asking him to take yet another portrait :Hahaha:

He can get quite worked up when things don't work out as planned but perked up when a pint of Shed Head was waved under his proboscis, along with a bowl of chips :cheers:

As ever,......

Moley
Say aye tae'a pie!

GarryProcter
Arctic Char

Post by GarryProcter »

Well done Moley - I presume those carp beat the local roach population to your bait every time :Hahaha:

Moley
Brown Trout

Post by Moley »

GarryProcter wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:03 pm Well done Moley - I presume those carp beat the local roach population to your bait every time :Hahaha:
Sadly Garry most of the decent silvers have all disappeared down a Cormorants gullet :Cry:

And to rub salt into wounds the roach had been getting bigger and an obvious target for a certain fatty :Wink:

Still on the bright side the Test gave up one of its more elusive 2lb+ red finned denizens to a pork pie eating Mole of ill repute last Tuesday :Hat:

Sadly the senile one lost his camera........... :Confused:

Still not bad as this winter season has produced two over the magic figure :Thumb:

Hurrah!

As ever,.........

Moley
Say aye tae'a pie!

Moley
Brown Trout

Post by Moley »

Moley wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:18 pm
GarryProcter wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:03 pm Well done Moley - I presume those carp beat the local roach population to your bait every time :Hahaha:
Sadly Garry most of the decent silvers have all disappeared down a Cormorants gullet :Cry:

And to rub salt into wounds the roach had been getting bigger and an obvious target for a certain fatty :Wink:

Still on the bright side the Test gave up one of its more elusive 2lb+ red finned denizens to a pork pie eating Mole last Tuesday :Hat:

Sadly the senile one lost his camera........... :Confused:

Still not bad as this winter season has produced two over the magic figure :Thumb:

Hurrah!

As ever,.........

Moley
Say aye tae'a pie!

GarryProcter
Arctic Char

Post by GarryProcter »

Heartiest congratulations on another two-pounder, Moley. A nice habit to get into, catching large roach from the Test!

Return to “Carp (Cyprinus carpio)”