Quicktime Carp.

This forum is for discussing carp.
Moley
Brown Trout

Quicktime Carp.

Post by Moley »

1300-1600hrs Rudd Lake.

The Fat One needed to use up some bait and just needed to get out in the sun......so he did :Wink:

Using my self built 7ft Glass Quiver and Winfield SpinFisher with a pellet cone rig, of sorts these dropped by to see The Mole. It was getting hectic especially as a light float rig was working on the rudd down the side too. So much so there was barely time to scoff a splendid Melton Mowbray.....family sized of course. However, Fatty being a cunning sort managed to catch and scoff at the same time :Hat:

Seven rudd also came to hand but although nice to see were not of a size to warrant their portraits being taken.

But continuing my artistic bent.......

....a portrait of the lake.

Got this shot without falling over either; so a result of sorts :Thumb:

Back in time for the Calcutta Cup, so all good then. :cheers:

As ever,.......

Moley
Say aye tae'a pie!

GarryProcter
Arctic Char

Re: Quicktime Carp.

Post by GarryProcter »

Well done Moley - no rudd then? Good to see you multitasking so well (simultaneous scoffing and catching) :Hahaha:

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

The second pictured one seems to have a bit of Cru-X in it!

Luga00
Brown Trout

Post by Luga00 »

Fantastic, great angling Moley!
Russ

Moley
Brown Trout

Post by Moley »

GarryProcter wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:35 pm Well done Moley - no rudd then? Good to see you multitasking so well (simultaneous scoffing and catching) :Hahaha:
Yes I caught seven rudd and mentioned this fact in the post Garry........old age is confusing isn't it :Hat:
Olly wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:50 pm The second pictured one seems to have a bit of Cru-X in it!
Certainly looks like a hybrid Olly. In fact the fish was a right old mix and difficult to assess its parentage as there was so much going on with it......a real Heinz :Confused:
Luga00 wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:42 pm Fantastic, great angling Moley!
Russ
Thanks Russ, I like this lake as it is pretty and you just never know what will show up. :Thumb:

As ever,.....

Moley
Say aye tae'a pie!

GarryProcter
Arctic Char

Post by GarryProcter »

Sorry Moley, I was so amazed that you managed to take a photograph of a tree without falling over, that I missed the reference to 'rudd down the side'. Yet more evidence of your magnificent multitasking abilities. I can only manage to do one thing at a time - and that's on a good day :Hahaha:

Julian
Salmon

Post by Julian »

Some fine fish banked, well done Moley.
There is no peace on earth like the peace of fishing in the early mornings

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

On a closer look it has no barbules so excludes it as a common carp. The protruding lower lip is a predominately crucian feature.

I haven't done scale count but that is next! Did you weigh it or an estimate?

Moley
Brown Trout

Post by Moley »

Olly wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:28 am On a closer look it has no barbules so excludes it as a common carp. The protruding lower lip is a predominately crucian feature.

I haven't done scale count but that is next! Did you weigh it or an estimate?
I count thirty obvious scales along the lateral line so it would seem to have goldfish in it according to Crock of Gold. Also the fins look a little large for a true Cru but do agree that it had the look about the head. :Confused:

The fish weighed just a tad over three pounds.
GarryProcter wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:13 am Sorry Moley, I was so amazed that you managed to take a photograph of a tree without falling over, that I missed the reference to 'rudd down the side'. Yet more evidence of your magnificent multitasking abilities. I can only manage to do one thing at a time - and that's on a good day :Hahaha:
I nearly fell in, you'll be pleased to know Garry, when I stood up too quickly. The Pork Pies are needed for balance........... :Wink:
Julian wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:01 am Some fine fish banked, well done Moley.
Thanks Julian.....the fish put up a fine struggle :Hat:

As ever,..........

Moley
Say aye tae'a pie!

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

Crucian/Goldfish cross perhaps. Whatever - a very nice "mongrel" of a fish!! :Wink:

Return to “Carp (Cyprinus carpio)”