Carp Madness.

This forum is for discussing carp.
Moley
Brown Trout

Carp Madness.

Post by Moley »

Southill 1300-1730hrs A Lovely Spring Day.

Home made 7ft glass quiver, Winfield Baitfisher and simple pellet cone rig cast to an island resulted in twenty five, yes you read that correctly, carp paying a visit to Fatty :Thumb:

Just as well The Fat One had scoffed two Pork Pies in the car on the way to the lake to give him strength.....slurping tea whilst the rod was nearly pulled in proved a little hectic for such an Old Mole :Hat:

A selection of the turbo charged brutes for your delectation:

Fortuitously, according to some, The Leg-End refused to take any pics, as he was sulking at only catching two but his catch was as good as anyone else on the lake, apart from One Pie-Eating Fatty that is :Wink:

It wasn't long before a Club Official :Scared: turned up but after watching a certain Mole land a few fish, realised there was nothing untoward in the catch, and congratulated Fatty for his treatment and swift return of the fish etc.......hurrah!

Worn out and covered in fish slime mixed with damp pellet, did not make for a combination to be greeted with open arms by the Beast of Bolsover, in fact quite the opposite......oh well you can't win 'em all :Chuckle:

As ever,............

Moley
Say aye tae'a pie!

RBTraditional
Catfish

Re: Carp Madness.

Post by RBTraditional »

Wonderful stuff as always Moley....keep em coming.
" Angling is not an escape from life, but often a deeper immersion into it..."

https://thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk/

GarryProcter
Arctic Char

Post by GarryProcter »

Twenty five?? :surrender: You will need a few days rest after such exertions - and a goodly number of pork pies :Cool: Well done Moley.

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

You're a machine! How the fish must fear you.

Julian
Salmon

Post by Julian »

25 is a lot of carp in a few hours , especially if you are trying to scoff pork pies and drink tea as well.
A wonderful March afternoon for you Moley. :Hat: :cheers:
There is no peace on earth like the peace of fishing in the early mornings

Paul D

Post by Paul D »

Wonderful as normal Mr Mole, you really need to tell us your preferred brand of pie, they obviously have some influence over the fish.

Bjp
Chub

Post by Bjp »

to be greeted with open arms by the Beast of Bolsover, :Scared: :Hide:
regards

bjp :Hat:

Ian
Eel

Post by Ian »

Sounds like a great session Moley,plenty fish and a pie.cheers for sharing your pics.
Don’t cast doubt,cast out.

Moley
Brown Trout

Post by Moley »

GarryProcter wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:16 pm Twenty five?? :surrender: You will need a few days rest after such exertions - and a goodly number of pork pies. Well done Moley.
It took two days to recover from the exertions of that catch Garry, as I'm not getting any younger and my illness really does take its toll, sadly.

I shouldn't do it to be honest but sometimes the naughty carp need a lesson :Wink:
Dave Burr wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:25 pm You're a machine! How the fish must fear you.
Not a machine Dave(see above) but an opportunist, making the most of things as best I can :Hat:

I'm not sure the fish fear me as such, because they soon wise up to lessons I give them.
Julian wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:35 pm 25 is a lot of carp in a few hours , especially if you are trying to scoff pork pies and drink tea as well.
A wonderful March afternoon for you Moley. :Hat:
Indeed Julian, in truth I overdid it and paid the price over the next couple of days. :doh:

The tea, as you might have guessed, went everywhere. Fortuitously the pies completed the journey to my belly safely though.

[quote="Paul D" post_id=325415 time=1489647097 user_id=2063}
Wonderful as normal Mr Mole, you really need to tell us your preferred brand of pie, they obviously have some influence over the fish.
[/quote]

Well there's a thing. Truth be told, I have long held the theory that food scoffed on the bank has a direct effect on the fish caught :whistle:

Melton Mowbray Pork Pies are the best and much loved by a certain Fatty.
Bjp wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:12 pm to be greeted with open arms by the Beast of Bolsover, :Scared:regards

bjp
Yes indeed bjp, Matron :Scared: can be a fearsome beast at times and has been known to make most men quake in fear, upon making her acquaintance.......or worse.

Many thanks to Ian and RBTraditional for their kind words......much appreciated.

As ever,.....

Moley
Say aye tae'a pie!

Return to “Carp (Cyprinus carpio)”