Touchy touchy

This forum is for discussing carp.
Black Prince
Crucian Carp

Touchy touchy

Post by Black Prince »

I was carp fishing the other day ledger on one float on the other twice the same thing happened a bow wave from a departing carp they had obviously touched the line put a ledger on caught two the question gents is how do you float fish for carp and by the way floating baits banned thanks in advance mike :fish:

JAA

Re: Touchy touchy

Post by JAA »

Carp are usually only spooked by line if they hit it without being aware of it's presence. I colour the line, the problem usually goes away.

Catfish.017
Eel

Post by Catfish.017 »

The old advice when float fishing for carp was to lay a yard of line on the bottom. Not a complete solution but it does help for a carp near the bait. I have watched wary carp approach a bottom bait in clear water and observed them rotate a complete circle with their head remaining close to the bait! I use the 'yard' method and I make sure the line is well pinned down with shot or tungsten putty.

Black Prince
Crucian Carp

Post by Black Prince »

They had definitely hit the line with their tails or brushed against the line on the way to the bait it seems the carp have little tricks of the own before they touch the bait :fish: mike

Return to “Carp (Cyprinus carpio)”