Old Warriors...

This forum is for discussing carp.
Snape
Bailiff

Re: Old Warriors...

Post by Snape »

Julian wrote: I will eventually get round to speaking to the previous syndicate owner ( as he currently runs the syndicate on the farm pool I fish) and ask him for any contact details for the landowner of that site. Whilst I'm not in a position to take on something like that there may be others who would be interested in potentialy finding out if leasing it is still possible,and doing the necessary work required on a very beautiful old picturesque 2 acre pool that is a site with a conservation order on it ( ie no one is going to fill it in or build on that site).
It does sound wonderful Julian and it maybe just what we need - a traditionalists syndicate.
“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Bjp
Chub

Post by Bjp »

it would be very interesting to know how much such a lease would be, i know there is a lot more to leasing a water but no harm in finding out, to bring a water back to glory what a fantastic thing to do and then to actually be able to enjoy it with a group of like minded fisherpersons, wow :Ok:

Julian
Salmon

Post by Julian »

Snape wrote:
Julian wrote: I will eventually get round to speaking to the previous syndicate owner ( as he currently runs the syndicate on the farm pool I fish) and ask him for any contact details for the landowner of that site. Whilst I'm not in a position to take on something like that there may be others who would be interested in potentialy finding out if leasing it is still possible,and doing the necessary work required on a very beautiful old picturesque 2 acre pool that is a site with a conservation order on it ( ie no one is going to fill it in or build on that site).
It does sound wonderful Julian and it maybe just what we need - a traditionalists syndicate.

Someone remind me again if I haven't done an update on this in a month or so - I feel it is worth pursuing.
There is no peace on earth like the peace of fishing in the early mornings

Julian
Salmon

Post by Julian »

Bjp wrote:it would be very interesting to know how much such a lease would be, i know there is a lot more to leasing a water but no harm in finding out, to bring a water back to glory what a fantastic thing to do and then to actually be able to enjoy it with a group of like minded fisherpersons, wow :Ok:

I believe it was somewhere around £ 1500 a year (based on number of members, membership cost, and the fact that the syndicate owner did not run it with a view to making any real profit).

I have now emailed the previous syndicate owner to see if he has contact details of the landowner and if he knows if its still available to lease.

Julian
Salmon

Post by Julian »

Julian wrote:
Bjp wrote:it would be very interesting to know how much such a lease would be, i know there is a lot more to leasing a water but no harm in finding out, to bring a water back to glory what a fantastic thing to do and then to actually be able to enjoy it with a group of like minded fisherpersons, wow :Ok:

I believe it was somewhere around £ 1500 a year (based on number of members, membership cost, and the fact that the syndicate owner did not run it with a view to making any real profit).

I have now emailed the previous syndicate owner to see if he has contact details of the landowner and if he knows if its still available to lease.
Just been informed last time the previous syndicate owner leased it the rent he paid was just over £2000 per year ( he had a five year lease at the time)

The Sweetcorn Kid
Wild Carp

Post by The Sweetcorn Kid »

A lovely old thread. Any old warriors to add??
SK
The Compleat Tangler

“Imagination is the real magic that exists in this world. Look inwards to see outwards. And capture it in writing.”

Nigel 'Fennel' Hudson

Click here for my Youtube Channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeoyLH ... 5H4u8sTDgA

GregF
Crucian Carp

Post by GregF »

one from a few years back
"Give up haste and ambition, close your mouth, only then will you comprehend the spirit of Tao" - Lao Tze

Paul D

Post by Paul D »

Apologies if I've shown this before, a lovely 12lber from the Way, I was convinced it was a barbel !

Shaun Harrison
Zander

Post by Shaun Harrison »

How about this one?

More prehistoric than an old warrrior.

The Sweetcorn Kid
Wild Carp

Post by The Sweetcorn Kid »

Jeeez!!!! :shocked:
SK
The Compleat Tangler

“Imagination is the real magic that exists in this world. Look inwards to see outwards. And capture it in writing.”

Nigel 'Fennel' Hudson

Click here for my Youtube Channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeoyLH ... 5H4u8sTDgA

Return to “Carp (Cyprinus carpio)”