Cracking brace

This forum is for discussing pike.
Ian
Eel

Re: Cracking brace

Post by Ian »

I've never walked it,it starts in milngavie.he must have walked through balmaha bay.once he has completed the journey he can give himself a pat on the back,it's quite an achievement.
Don’t cast doubt,cast out.

Black Prince
Crucian Carp

Post by Black Prince »

Did you have them with chips ? :Scared: only joking mike :Tongue:

Ian
Eel

Post by Ian »

Black Prince wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:17 pm Did you have them with chips ? :Scared: only joking mike :Tongue:
A great recipe is to wrap a pike in soaking wet newspaper and cook in on an open fire.after 20 minutes remove it from the fire,unwrap the fish,chuck it in the bin and eat the newspaper ya crackpot.

Black Prince
Crucian Carp

Post by Black Prince »

I know they taste awful tried to eat a couple of small ones years ago in Ireland and full of bones cracking fish those two though the strangest thing I have been asked to get anyone hedge hogs I thought he was joking but he said he taped them on the head wrapped them in clay and threw them on a fire he said taste like the best chicken an old gypsie trick I was told :Hat: mike

Julian
Salmon

Post by Julian »

Excellent catch. :Hat:
There is no peace on earth like the peace of fishing in the early mornings

Ian
Eel

Post by Ian »

Black Prince wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:34 am I know they taste awful tried to eat a couple of small ones years ago in Ireland and full of bones cracking fish those two though the strangest thing I have been asked to get anyone hedge hogs I thought he was joking but he said he taped them on the head wrapped them in clay and threw them on a fire he said taste like the best chicken an old gypsie trick I was told :Hat: mike
Yes they are boney but they are definitely not as bad as many may think.i just couldn't kill a fish now,but when I was young I took the odd grayling and trout.

Return to “Pike (Esox lucius)”