Pet Pike [or any other coarse fish for that matter].

This forum is for discussing pike.
Shaun Harrison
Zander

Re: Pet Pike [or any other coarse fish for that matter].

Post by Shaun Harrison »

Brilliant to hear that it's thriving. I have never tried keeping pike in mine. I did stock some perch once upon a time because of a rudd explosion. I never saw the perch again until I netted them out. They hadn't half grown during the year they spent in Claymire.

Mario
Eel

Post by Mario »

I've always wanted to have pond in the garden and have carp in it but never had the chance but i live very near a small lake pool with lots of carp so I'm kind of happy now

Catfish.017
Eel

Post by Catfish.017 »

Many years ago one of my pals kept a variety of small coarse fish in a large aquarium. He would feed these fish with dried tubifex worms that were compressed into small cubes much like an Oxo cube but very buoyant. The tiddlers would nibble away at the cubes gradually whittling them away. There was a little 'chublet' in their number that would watch proceedings closely, when it judged that the cube was small enough to be engulfed it would rush in grab the cube and dive to the bottom gravel where rested a little stone humpbacked bridge under which it would rest and munch its prize, the cube buoying it up under the arch of the bridge!

Return to “Pike (Esox lucius)”