Lob wins again

This forum is for discussing perch.
Ian
Eel

Lob wins again

Post by Ian »

With the weather being mild for the last week Rab and I thought there was no better time to try our hand at a bit of perch fishing.
The weather on the day was dull,drizzly and breezy,apart from the wind it was a decent day.
Within the first half hour Rab had the first fish on the bank,a nice perch around the 1lb12-2lb mark and it was caught 3ft from the bank in 2ft of water,just goes to show you can never cast too close to the bank and the water was clear so the fish must have saw us but hunger got the better of it.
I chose a more sensible approach!!!.there was a weed bed about 15yds out and I cast to the side away from the wind into the little pocket of calm water.after a short while my bobbin lifted very slowly but only an inch and stayed there,I thought it was maybe the breeze so just left it.
About an hour passed and I decided to have another cast and when I lifted the rod I had a fish on,it had sat there all that time,pure luck.the fish weighed about 1lb.8oz,a nice surprise.
The day wore on and we never got another bite.
Once again lob worms prove there worth and they caught us 2 perch with a combined weight of almost three and a half pound,what a bait they are.
IMG_0003.JPG
Don’t cast doubt,cast out.

Mark
Head Bailiff

Re: Lob wins again

Post by Mark »

Lovely perch Rob, well done.
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

Paul D

Post by Paul D »

Well done Ian, a fine perch. :Hat:

Bumble
Rainbow Trout

Post by Bumble »

Lovely fish well done
Bumble

Paul F
Sea Trout