Got the Roach bug...

This forum is for discussing roach.
Chris Bettis
Crucian Carp

Re: Got the Roach bug...

Post by Chris Bettis »

My favourite fish and there are two great specimena in those pics. Well done, go back and catch some more like that.

Graham R

Post by Graham R »

Thanks for the kind comments chaps, I hope to get out after them again on Sunday after the rain has done some topping up, I'll be looking for something with stripes if I can get away from work early tonight;)

Crucian
Eel

Post by Crucian »

Now that is a proper roach! well done indeed.

Fred
Grayling

Post by Fred »

A Very nice fish there sire :Hat:
Fish come and go, but it is the memory of afternoons on the stream that endure

ExeAngler
Chub

Post by ExeAngler »

Lovely Roach and from a river. Angling made in heaven.

NiceRoach
Eel

Post by NiceRoach »

nice roach :tea:
niceroach

Scott
Tench

Post by Scott »

Wow! Stunning roach! I had a look at your blog too, very interesting!

Paul D

Post by Paul D »

lovely Graham, :Hat:

Graham R

Post by Graham R »

Thanks again for the kind comments chaps! Scott, glad you enjoyed the blog, although it's more of an archive these days as I don't really have the time these days, hopefully I'll get it updated at some point!

Well I hoped yesterday's rain would've added a little more pace and colour to the upper river but sadly it was still rather clear and lacking in flow, but hey, at least it was blowing a gale!...

I fed a little liquidised and trotted flake, unfortunately the trout were very active and did their usual job of upsetting the Roach with all the charging and leaping, don't get me wrong on the fly theyre a very worthy opponent, add a little bait though and they do go daft very quickly!!!

Anyhow I hopped from swim to swim taking a few here and a few there which kept me busy all day, no monsters but lovely sport all the same, It may have picked up as the light dropped, and I had the ledger rod in the car, but to be honest I'd had enough of the wind and the idea of tryin to spot bites with the tip bouncing around didn't appeal. Still good to be out :)

Graham R

Post by Graham R »

Well I was in work early today, which meant I could leave early so it would be rude not to pop to the river for an hour or two!

It's still low and slow but I was determined to trot and after trying a couple of swims I found some better fish. The float was shotted down to a pimple due to the lack of flow but keeping nicely mendes and quick reactions caught them out :)

A gorgeous couple of hours although it was damn cold once the sun dipped below the horizon, if the weather continues the lower river my be pike-able by the weekend, we'll see...

Return to “Roach (Rutilus rutilus)”