Roach

This forum is for discussing roach.
Tench Dreamer
Crucian Carp

Re: Roach

Post by Tench Dreamer »

Moley im guessing 13 ft match rod and closed face reel / maybe fixed spool 3.2 lb line size 16 hook 3 AA waggler ( maybe loaded) ... This was how I was taught to fish . My biggest roach was about half this size ... ... Am I right?

Moley
Brown Trout

Post by Moley »

Tench Dreamer wrote:Moley im guessing 13 ft match rod and closed face reel / maybe fixed spool 3.2 lb line size 16 hook 3 AA waggler ( maybe loaded) ... This was how I was taught to fish . My biggest roach was about half this size ... ... Am I right?
Usually a waggler rod between 13-15ft is the rod of choice with a closed face ABU 508 and 3lb Maxima, 2lb 6oz hooklink to 18 hook.

But the rod of choice for the inside track at the moment is a 10ft Ultra Light model with either a 'pin or the old 508. Also I am messing about with a loaded waggler and no.8 shots either as a bulk or spread, with two no.10's just above the link to give me the option of dragging bottom if needed to slow down the presentation :Wink:

As ever,..............

Moley
Say aye tae'a pie!

Ian
Eel

Post by Ian »

Cracking roach,some tail fin.looks fit as a fiddle
Don’t cast doubt,cast out.

ExeAngler
Chub

Post by ExeAngler »

Nice Roach that Mr Mole. You Roach bagger you...

ExeAngler
Chub

Post by ExeAngler »

I too have been using the waggler more than the stick on my rivers this year. The flow was so slight this summer, a stick would not go through properly and a waggler gave me the chance to get out into what little flow was around and near far back tree features. Had a few nice days on it. Not big fish, Chub upto 1.5 and some Roach upto almost 2 on another stretch, (which is lovely). Corn was the bait. Now I can't get a bite on it! Maggots is not so good as minnows bite you out. Last time it was hemp and caster.

The waggler. My all time fav way to fish, on Stillwater, river or canal.

Moley
Brown Trout

Post by Moley »

ExeAngler wrote:I too have been using the waggler more than the stick on my rivers this year. The waggler. My all time fav way to fish, on Stillwater, river or canal.
Ditto :Hat:

The waggler just seems to offer more options.

When the weed dies back properly the old drag and mag is more apt, but the roach just can't resist......or at least that is what I tell myself :Chuckle:

Thanks for the kind words too1

As ever,.....

Moley
Say aye tae'a pie!

Mario
Eel

Post by Mario »

ver nice

Return to “Roach (Rutilus rutilus)”