Lakeside fishery, Chichester

This forum is for discussing tench.
OldAngler
Perch

Lakeside fishery, Chichester

Post by OldAngler »

Is anyone familiar with Tench fishing at Lakeside Fishery, Chichester, West Sussex, a day ticket water(s) on a large caravan / holiday site.

I have heard rumours of HUGE Tench being caught by Carp anglers earlier this year. As there are eleven lakes at this venue I am interested in which are the best lakes for big Tench, and what baits and tactics work best. All the information I can find on the internet is several years out of date.

Any help will be appreciated ready for next year.

Many thanks, Old Angler

Hampshireboy
Ruffe

Re: Lakeside fishery, Chichester

Post by Hampshireboy »

I used to fish it years ago for Pike. There are some very good fish in all of the lakes. The best thing to do is call the Lakeside Holiday park and get the bailiffs number. I rung him a couple of years ago and he was very helpful updating me on the Pike fishing. Unfortunately I didn’t store his number . I think it’s £10 per day but from November it is only £5 and this covers the Winter months.Hope this helps.Ivy and West Trout Lake seem to be the Carp Angler’s go to lakes so I would imagine that’s where the large Tench were caught.

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

Looking at their website 10lb+ tench have been caught - interesting. Plus carp to 50+!

https://www.parkholidays.com/caravan-ho ... r-lakeside

OldAngler
Perch

Post by OldAngler »

Thank you. I did look at their website before posting but could not find any up to date info on Tench.

I shall go and snoop around, ask questions and try to see the bailiff.

Thanks again.

DWW
Grayling

Post by DWW »

Hi Old Angler ,
I fish the complex regularly and have done for a few years now . The 50lb plus carp you mention is in a syndicate lake . There are other large carp in the other lakes . The large tench do come from a couple of the lakes early season . ( may /june )
The lakes I fish are " The Boating Lake" and although my biggest is around 5-6 lb there are fish in there that come out each year to 11lb plus . Its not a great place to fish with a busy road on one side and a footpath on the other. be careful if you park your car on the road as well as regular car break ins and damage are a real issue here ! Its not really a place for some traditional tenching . Feeders and large quantities of bait seem the best tactics for the big ones . This might explain my lack of success with the larger fish !
The other lake I like is " Deep Lake" and I tend to fish here in preference to the other lakes . It has lilies and weed and can be fished easily with more traditional gear and methods . However be careful as the fish are large and I have found they fight well and need some decent tackle to land them with 6lb line a minimum in my view . There are limited numbers of roach and rudd in here so you can use maggots for the tench without the fear of getting loads of small fish .
Day tickets are available on the bank .
" The waterski lake " is very large and swims are limited . Again the large tench seem to get caught on lots of bait and feeder tactics by long stay anglers .
I would go for Deep Lake if I was you .
Tight Lines and if you fancy a walk round I can show you where etc ?
Cheers
DWW

Return to “Tench (Tinca tinca)”