This forum is for discussing crucian.
The Sweetcorn Kid
Wild Carp

Re: Golden Wonders

Post by The Sweetcorn Kid »

Superb, one can only dream!!!
SK
The Compleat Tangler

“Imagination is the real magic that exists in this world. Look inwards to see outwards. And capture it in writing.”

Nigel 'Fennel' Hudson

Click here for my Youtube Channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeoyLH ... 5H4u8sTDgA

GazTheAngler

Post by GazTheAngler »

Lev,

Lovely fish mate. Nice rod too.

JAA,

I'm going to try to dig out the old pic of my big Cru. But I'm not crossing my fingers.

The Epping Forest Ponds do have true Cru's in them but some oddities as well.

Gaz

Leveller
Rudd

Post by Leveller »

Jaa, thanks for the info, I'm glad somebody knows what's going on!

Angling Times checked two or three pictures and published it! Doh!
It was published the same time , actually the opposite page from the story about mat Hayes having his gear stolen

I've never been a fan of records etc etc, something I think walker wrote about "if you hook a twenty pound one ounce carp and it does a two ounce turd on the way in, does that make it less of a fish"

I didn't even have any scales to weight this fish, I had to ask anglers On the lake for verification on id and for two sets of scales,
I wouldn't normally bother, personally for me a photo of fish and tackle is enough to keep a memory alive but I got the feeling with this fish it could have been very special,
The water it came from used to be a prolific crucian water and people have tried very hard for a long time to catch these elusive fish, I was free lining maggots trying to catch the huge commons two foot in front of me, when I hooked the fish in the picture, it was the second time I had been to the lake, it made me as popular as a fart in a spacesuit. Especially as I was using a "wooden rod and a fly reel " ( description courtesy of a carbon carper)
Two seasons on I've still havnt caught a carp from said water.
The rod is steve wooleys version of a chapman hunter
The reel is a four inch wide drum, jw young, same reel as allcock no9 , but mine is a Herbert hatton,

Snape
Bailiff

Post by Snape »

That is such a lovely picture Lev I couldn't resist downloading it and tweaking it a bit. I hope you don't mind. :hat:
“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Leveller
Rudd

Post by Leveller »

Very happy to share lovely things with like minded people and proud that you liked it enough to download and spend time to tweak.

This site is a breath of fresh air

Return to “Crucian (Carassius carassius)”