Crucial: Crucian?

This forum is for discussing crucian.
Tench Dreamer
Crucian Carp

Re: Crucial: Crucian?

Post by Tench Dreamer »

Superb Cru Alan.. Whole meal bread . Many years ago I knew an older fella who only ever used a concoction of whole meal bread /paste . Mind you never even saw a Cru that big let alone caught one :Hat:

DaceAce
Eel

Post by DaceAce »

Julian wrote:
DaceAce wrote:Glad to help; I photoshopped it to try to get definition. The top of the body seem rounded. I had a similar problem years ago when I had a 3-7 fish right the end of the season from a pit with everything from pure crucian to pure goldfish and hybrids of both, and with carp. A carp angler took a pic and sent a print many months later and only then did I look at it properly and see that it wasn't a crucian. Still trying to get a 3lber, had a 2-14 and the illustrious Pete Rolfe had one over 3lbs three times on different sessions with me a couple of swims away. Got my own back with a 2lb roach from the adjacent lake which is something he still hankers after.
Daceace
What is your view on the 'crucian' in my thread ?- 'A fish of a lifetime..... but not for me'

viewtopic.php?f=249&t=7383
It's far from easy doing a scale count as again the scales are messed up. Again, though the shape is a bit strange and the scale count on the low side but only a probability that it's a goldfish x crucian.

JohnL

Post by JohnL »

Dace Ace, is the fact that the scales are messed up more a sign of a hybrid anyway?

DaceAce
Eel

Post by DaceAce »

JohnL wrote:Dace Ace, is the fact that the scales are messed up more a sign of a hybrid anyway?
I don't think so; just had a quick browse through Pete Rolfe's book and although the info is there the pic isn't clear enough to be sure on several points.

The Sweetcorn Kid
Wild Carp

Post by The Sweetcorn Kid »

Fabulous fish sir!!
SK
The Compleat Tangler

“Imagination is the real magic that exists in this world. Look inwards to see outwards. And capture it in writing.”

Nigel 'Fennel' Hudson

Click here for my Youtube Channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeoyLH ... 5H4u8sTDgA

GazTheAngler

Post by GazTheAngler »

Wonderful!!

Crucians for me on 17 June!

Gaz

Return to “Crucian (Carassius carassius)”