Sausage rusk

This is the place to discuss the fishing baits.
Tizer
Chub

Sausage rusk

Post by Tizer »

I was told yesterday that sausage rusk and bread crumb are the same thing,I have always thought rusk was biscuit meal or similar? :Confused:

Snape
Bailiff

Re: Sausage rusk

Post by Snape »

From a sausage website

"Yeastless Rusk is simply unleavened bread that has been baked and dried before being ground into a fine crumb. You can also use regular breadcrumbs but using Rusk gives a good and consistent texture to the sausage, it also retains the moisture within the sausage better than breadcrumbs giving you a more succulent sausage, and finally because it is yeastless it gives the sausage a longer shelf-life."
“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

GarryProcter
Arctic Char

Post by GarryProcter »

I acquired my last batch of sausage rusk from our local butcher. Had to ask though as he 'doesn't usually sell it'.

Tizer
Chub

Post by Tizer »

:Thumb:

Marc
Sea Trout

Post by Marc »

Looks like Nobby could get you some, a bit steep mind....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/29112564 ... 0&ff14=108

:Hahaha:
Marc. (Prince of Durham)

“A life that partakes even a little of friendship, love, irony, humor, parenthood, literature, and music, and the chance to take part in battles for the liberation of others cannot be called 'meaningless'...”

Bumble
Rainbow Trout

Post by Bumble »

Most real butchers will sell you some they always have it to make their own sausages. If you tell them it's for fishing bait and not for making your own sausages they chill out very quickly and find some.
Bumble

Tizer
Chub

Post by Tizer »

There is a place in Welyn Garden City that sells it to the butchers,I got a 25kg bag for £25,2 years ago

Sussex Micky
Arctic Char

Post by Sussex Micky »

I used to get it from a butchers about 40 years ago..it was great for bream :Thumb:

Vole
Rainbow Trout

Post by Vole »

It's weird stuff, we used to put it in small-holed swim-feeders between two plugs of groundbait so it would expand and push them out; the idea being that all the feed would be shed in the swim rather than during the retrieve*, yet if you put too much in a groundbait mix, it will bind ferociously. Probably a good call for pastes, thinking about it.

*The fault in the logic being that it only has to expel one of the plugs to be free, whereupon the other can stay put and come out at a random spot along the retrieve.
"Write drunk, edit sober" - Hemingway.
Hemingway didn't have to worry about accidentally hitting "submit" before he edited.

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

Prince of Durham wrote:Looks like Nobby could get you some, a bit steep mind....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/29112564 ... 0&ff14=108

:Hahaha:
It could be worse!

Return to “Traditional Fishing Bait”