Heavy/stiff groundbait

This is the place to discuss the fishing baits.
Kevanf1
Arctic Char

Re: Heavy/stiff groundbait

Post by Kevanf1 »

AndyPop wrote:
Kevanf1 wrote:How about getting hold of some molehill soil? There seems to be plenty of them about nowadays at the road side. Sieve it and add it a little bit at a time to your standard white crumb. Apparently, though I don't know how true this is, the soil carries a very strong 'taste' or aroma of earthworms. It makes sense being as moles do love earthworms. Maybe our own Mole can enlighten us??? :)
I used to use molehill soil & damp lean when matchfishing years ago. Good binders for getting your groundbait down in deep water without overloading the feed content. A certain Belgian ground bait company sold bags of leam through the tackleshops. I used it 50/50 in Brown crumb, or neat when feeding bloodworm.
Quite. The last thing you want to do is to give them a great big stodgy free meal :( They will be less likely to want to dig out your hookbait then.
Currently reading......Go Fishing For Bass and Go Fishing For Skate and Rays both by Graeme Pullen, The Kill Switch by James Rollins, Raspberry Pi Manual - Haynes, 'Make: Electronics by Charles Platt' & the 'Myford series 7 manual by Ian Bradley'

Return to “Traditional Fishing Bait”