Hotdog sausages

This is the place to discuss the fishing baits.
Olly
Wild Carp

Re: Hotdog sausages

Post by Olly »

Beads will hold a paste bait - 1: 2; 3; even 4 on a hair for a big lumps of paste.

A cork ball used instead of a bead creates a very lightweight bait or even a paste popup, deadly for chub & barbel wavering in the current!

Kingfisher
Catfish

Post by Kingfisher »

Olly wrote:Beads will hold a paste bait - 1: 2; 3; even 4 on a hair for a big lumps of paste.

A cork ball used instead of a bead creates a very lightweight bait or even a paste popup, deadly for chub & barbel wavering in the current!
Also. Bumbles' "Old Faithful" does the same thing....A grain of fake sweetcorn is buoyant and will do much the same thing. I was fishing for Wildies the other day with lumps of luncheon meat but the meat was soft as it was a last minute decission to go fishing. I went through my tackle box to see what I could use to hold the meat on and found a pack of fake sweetcorn. It worked wonders.

God never did make a more calm, quiet, innocent recreation than angling.

Izaak Walton

Bjp
Chub

Post by Bjp »

There are a few guys on my local pond that are using and doing very well with cocktail sausages

regards

bjp :Hat:

Michael
Tench

Post by Michael »

MaggotDrowner wrote:This is the product I'm talking about.

You screw the meat onto the metal spiral and it's fixed on and will not move. I find a normal hair sometimes cuts through the meat a bit.

After the rig is finished with I keep the spirals and tie my own. That way I can make some for longer hairs for bigger baits.
Amongst a big box of fishing odds and sods I acquired , I found several meat coils that would hold half a tin of meat if not a whole one, I take a photo when I dig them out.....

Santiago
Wild Carp

Post by Santiago »

One can quite easily make meat coils using enamelled copper wire and you can make them to whatever size required! You can buy it relatively cheap from any good electrical store or obtain for nothing from old motors (washing machines etc.)

I fancy using cocktail sausages for barbel this year. The ready cooked ones.
"....he felt the gentle touch on the line and he was happy"

Hemingway

RBTraditional
Catfish

Post by RBTraditional »

Those old barbel on the Kennet love a Herta frankfurter, sold in vacuum sealed packets in Sainsburys or Waitrose...............they are perfect for direct hooking, not too soft or too hard and no need for complicated rigs or hooks. :Thumb: The cheaper ones from Morrisons or Tesco and the other budget supermarkets are awful and I wouldn't even eat them myself!
" Angling is not an escape from life, but often a deeper immersion into it..."

https://thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk/

Michael
Tench

Post by Michael »

Other flavoured hot dogs Herta make are the Chicken hot dog and the Chilli hotdog.... I`ve had some success with the Chilli hot dog the chub found them to their liking.. :Thumb:..... I haven't bothered with the chicken.....

Return to “Traditional Fishing Bait”