I bet these would work

This is the place to discuss the fishing baits.
Wallys-Cast
Pike

Re: I bet these would work

Post by Wallys-Cast »

Tried Swan mussel years ago after reading they were an excellent bait but never got a single bite. I dropped the contents of a few in the margin to see if they eventually vanished but they were still there the next day.
I may be as Dave says that they need to be decomposing to get a quick response.
This was a good tactic when sea fishing, rotting ragworm is enough to turn anyone's stomach but the fish seem to love it and home in on it in minutes. Its just a nightmare to keep on the hook when casting so we used to put it in a small piece of nylon stocking and use it like that. It would probably work well in a paste for carp but I would suggest you eat your sarnies first before handling it as the smell is on your hands for days. (a smiley of someone throwing up would be useful here). :Chuckle:

Wal.

Aquaerial
Chub

Post by Aquaerial »

Mickey's on the money...eels just love these but its easier to get mussel from the fishmongers....just as good.
As a natural glug I have found none better than rotting lobs. Put them in a small plastic container with lid, bury in garden and dig up after a week or more...just glug your bait in the juice that is all that will remain of them..awesome attractant but not in the way that Lynx is. keep it off anything you want to take home..
The idea of the liquidised sardine Gaz is to create a 'cloud of fish' in the water with very little food value. If you do decide to use it with glitter and a catty then do let me know as I would like to come over a video it....at a distance of course.
Hugh knows it may attract Miles more viewers than another production that I'm quite passionate about.
:cheers:
Aquaerial
But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have

Michael
Tench

Post by Michael »

To be honest I`ve only had good success with commercially available green lipped mussels and they are from New Zealand!..

Return to “Traditional Fishing Bait”