Worms: How do you fish them?

This is the place to discuss the fishing baits.
Olly
Wild Carp

Re: Worms: How do you fish them?

Post by Olly »

Still available it seems! £9.50.

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

Santiago wrote:Pol Vitimo is also what I use to dangle worms in and would also suddenly start getting bites. But I now find the same result with chilli pickle oil. Works wonders every time!
Where do you get your Chilli Pickle Oil from Santiago? I don't like chillies or pickle of any kind but of the fish like it I'm prepared to give it a go :Wink:

Santiago
Wild Carp

Post by Santiago »

Tesco. Just regular chilli pickle, I think the brand is Pak something??? Anyway it's very oily and the fish love it!
"....he felt the gentle touch on the line and he was happy"

Hemingway

Jon Math
Minnow

Post by Jon Math »

Maggots, casters, bloodworm, joker are unknown as baits here, unless you grow your own. I do have luck with maggots and casters in the warm months, and I’ve been known to flip over a road killed animal, tin in hand, in hopes of scooping up a cupful of maggots.

We do have worms of several sorts so I frequently use them in similar methods that you gents would use maggots. Chopped up, mixed with crumb, they make a decent attractant in a small block end feeder. Mixed with a bit of sweetcorn, they make nice loose feed, etc.
My type keeps showing up in the wrong places; usually clutching a severed head in one hand and a knife in the other…so it's not catch me if you can, it's catch me if you dare.

Return to “Traditional Fishing Bait”