Wet bread

This is the place to discuss the fishing baits.
Stef
Rudd

Wet bread

Post by Stef »

Hi all,
I have been trough the first chapters of Mark Wintle's excellent new book now, but have difficulties in understanding in which way wet bread is prepared to put it on the hook? As I understand preparation is similar to compressed crust, but to get the actual hook bait all the crust has to be removed and the remaining white bread is rolled up? I am not sure if I got it right.
Will it work using a conventional loaf of bread or is it absolutely necessary to use a plaited loaf?
I will be glad for any advice.

Best regards
Stef

CWK
Perch

Re: Wet bread

Post by CWK »

Bill Rushmer is something of an expert on the preparation of wet bread . He advocates taking a standard cut white loaf , crusts removed , wet each slice and place each separate slice between sheets of newspaper . Leave overnight compressed by a housebrick or two . The next morning you have perfect wet bread.....

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

A method Bill & I used on the Tidal Thames, at Radnor Gardens & Twickenham Embankment amongst others, as teenagers!

A Lesney bait press helps with the "crust" method.

Vole
Rainbow Trout

Post by Vole »

Keith Speer did a fine article/thread on it on fishing magic a while back. Just don't bother with Saino's cholla - not eggy enough to hold together. Warburtons' for me, though on my waters it's more "swinging in" than "casting out", so I can get away with quite soft stuff if needs be.

Mr Speer's piece: http://www.fishingmagic.com/forums/coar ... t-out.html
"Write drunk, edit sober" - Hemingway.
Hemingway didn't have to worry about accidentally hitting "submit" before he edited.

Stef
Rudd

Post by Stef »

This is very helpful, thanks a lot!

Return to “Traditional Fishing Bait”