Pike bait

This is the place to discuss the fishing baits.
Olly
Wild Carp

Re: Pike bait

Post by Olly »

Not sure you will find that -- and I have never asked as they, (like eels), are 'unusual' now in the UK - even in Europe as a whole!
So harvesting them in numbers would be difficult.

Tizer
Chub

Post by Tizer »

Cant beat a fresh herring,but your be lucky to get a fresh herring in Tesco these days, I drive past Tescos and head for Morrisons,Not only that herring in Tesco £5 a kilo and only £4 a kilo in Morrisons

Stathamender
Tench

Post by Stathamender »

Morrison's is indeed good for all fresh produce, especially fish, the best of all the supermarkets in my book. Herring, sprats mackerel and all sorts of other stuff. Mind you, none of them can compare to French supermarkets, especially the hypermarkets on the edge of town, which have huge arrays of all sorts of fresh fish, freshwater, Atlantic and Mediterranean, not to mention just about every mollusc or crustacean you can eat and a man to open the shells for you. Was at one of my local ones today and right next to the fish called Colin there were two whole, very fresh (and, of course, French) looking, pike, both about 7 lbs I'd say. Only 12.50€ a kilo. Unfortunately I didn't have my camera with me but next time I go there I'll take it.
Iain

What is your favourite word?
I suspect it could be “love”, despite its drawbacks in the rhyming department.
Björn Ulvaeus

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

Who is Colin? -- why it's 'Coalfish or Hake'.

Yep I do love the 'French supermarket fishmongers'!

Return to “Traditional Fishing Bait”