I Spam. £1 a tin

This is the place to discuss the fishing baits.
Mario
Eel

Re: I Spam. £1 a tin

Post by Mario »

ill have to have look my self

Mark
Head Bailiff

Post by Mark »

Santiago wrote:Just stocked up and noticed Tesco are selling spam £1 a tin compared to the normal price of £1.69. Every little helps!
I popped in and purchased half a dozen tins this afternoon, thanks for the heads up Trevor. :Hat:
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

Wallys-Cast
Pike

Post by Wallys-Cast »

Spam, now you're talking. 6 tins for a fiver in Farmfoods.

Fried spam sarnies with brown sauce are delicious and try Spam tagliatelle sometime or Spam and cheese toasties. :drool: and I don't care what its made of :Hahaha:

Wal.

Vole
Rainbow Trout

Post by Vole »

(In best Billy Bunter voice): "Ooh, stop it, you rotters, I'm trying to lose weight!"

My Dad's cookery didn't stretch much further than Santiago's, but he did mix up a flour-n-water batter and fry dollops of that ("Dampers", "Pikelets"?); soaks up the fat a treat.

It's that post-war "I've paid for it and I'm blowed if I'm wasting any of it" attitude that turned skinny little me into the lard-bag I now see in the mirror...

Anyhow, thanks for the heads-up; I've found some and I'll try to leave it under the car seat where I won't be (quite so sorely) tempted to abuse it in a 'fifties lardfest!
"Write drunk, edit sober" - Hemingway.
Hemingway didn't have to worry about accidentally hitting "submit" before he edited.

Return to “Traditional Fishing Bait”