Bakers Dog Food fished as a Popup.

This is the place to discuss the fishing baits.
AshbyCut
Honorary President

Re: Bakers Dog Food fished as a Popup.

Post by AshbyCut »

Mark first mentioned these in this thread back in 2012 (top of page 2) :-

http://www.traditionalfisherman.co.uk/v ... Bakers+Dog
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Chris Bettis
Crucian Carp

Post by Chris Bettis »

Oxo cubes will not simply break down, we are leaving a flavour trail not making gravy! That trail will last a long time my friend.

Fish-e

Post by Fish-e »

I do use dog biscuit from time to time for either surface or pop up bait. Like the idea of the stock cube I admit.

So I looked on the web and found a specific brand and this was for a fish stock cube that had the Ingredients listed and they are as below.

Free From Gluten
Allergy Advice: For allergens see highlighted ingredients

Salt, Vegetable Fats (Palm, Shea Butter, Sal Butter), Potato Starch, Fish Powder (5.5%), Yeast Extract, Sugar, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Flavourings, Herbs (Parsley, Tarragon), Spices (Parsley Roots, Celery Seeds), Fish Extract Powder, Fish Oil, Dextrose, Fish (Herring), Smoke Flavouring

Has anyone had anyone used fish stock cubes before and if how and would you suggest it improved you catches, Also. Any of the ingredients above cause issues to the fishes wellbeing?

Thank you All.

Bob Brookes
Zander

Post by Bob Brookes »

Stathamender wrote:I think Mark, Julian, Kingfisher and Rod Turner have all written about using dog biscuit recently in their Fishing Journals.
And me! See A Problem Overcome.
Bob
"You do not cease to fish because you get old, you get old because you cease to fish"

Return to “Traditional Fishing Bait”