Bread Pellet

This is the place to discuss the fishing baits.
Fish-e

Bread Pellet

Post by Fish-e »

Hi All.

Does anyone know of Bread Pellets and or indeed how these could be made?

A friend an I were discussing bait a few weeks back and we said about the old trusted favourites and he said about if there was ever bread pellets.
Have searched the internet albeit briefly but could not really see anything about such a bait

If anyone can shed some light on this it would be interesting.

Thank you.

Kevin
Chub

Re: Bread Pellet

Post by Kevin »

Hi <)))><
You can roll white sliced between your fingers into small balls for loose feeding, or have a look at "idlers Quest" Jeff Hatt has an article on his blog called "My way with bread",may be of interest to you.

MaggotDrowner
Zander

Post by MaggotDrowner »

These little lesney presses were made years ago to make bread pellets. They come up on ebay from time to time.

They even mark the place to hook with a dot. After a while in the water the pellets swell up nicely and hide the hook.
"I'd rather be fishing!"

MD

Fish-e

Post by Fish-e »

Hi Kevin.

Yes, I read Jeff's article a few weeks back and its sort of how my mate and I got on to the bread pellets.
Jeff's blog Is a very good read to be fair.

If im honest, Im going to steal that tip from Jeff and use it when I go fishing on Sunday afternoon. Looks a great idea.

Thanks again for posting a response.
:Wink:

Fish-e

Post by Fish-e »

Hey MaggotDrowner.

I had one of those bread presses when I was a nipper. Which was a while back I can tell you.

Thanks

Kevin
Chub

Post by Kevin »

Good luck bring us back a big Roach shot,and welcome to the forum Fish-e.

Woodytia
Crucian Carp

Post by Woodytia »

Seymo market a device called the lunch punch that makes decent bread pellets. It is available in different sizes.

Santiago
Wild Carp

Post by Santiago »

Just wrap a thick slice of fresh white bread in a few layers of good quality aluminium foil, and then walk on it a few times on a hard floor with flat soled shoes, and then leave over night in a fridge. To use just cut a strip of using scissors and roll it up before hooking! You don't need any fancy gadgets to squash bread!
"....he felt the gentle touch on the line and he was happy"

Hemingway

Chevin
Brown Trout

Post by Chevin »

To make a pellet punch, get a small syringe and cut off the bottom. Leave the plunger in. Then you can punch pellets from the slice and us the plunger against your thumb to compress the pellets and then push out the pellet.
"A float tip is pleasing in its appearance and even more pleasing in its disappearance"

H.T. Sheringham

Gammarus
Chub

Post by Gammarus »

I use a similar method with a short length of copper plumbing pipe, I push the bread out with a bit of dowel. The pipe comes in 2 different diameters, but the syringe sounds easier!

Return to “Traditional Fishing Bait”