Garlic spam availability?

This is the place to discuss the fishing baits.
Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Re: Garlic spam availability?

Post by Dave Burr »

I find the Garlic Spam a bit overpowering, its real eye watering stuff and I prefer subtle flavours for my baits. Shaun spoke volumes with his method for embedding the flavour and his suggestion to experiment. Its not just spice flavours either, fruit can be very effective in winter especially for chub whilst a drop of vanilla is never wasted.

Stathamender
Tench

Post by Stathamender »

The frozen garlic cubes I mentioned are here: http://www.tesco.com/groceries/product/ ... =265761689, you can also get them at Morrison's (different brands) and most Asian supermarkets. They are claimed to be without additives of any kind so would not have any oil effect. I'm going to try the mix and freeze method. I think using garlic powder (either on hook baits as a dip or in ground bait) might work as well. Bigger Tescos and Chinese/Asian marts sell this in big bags.

And do try the cubes in curries: they're much easier than smashing cloves, which are often not all that fresh and so lose their flavour.
Iain

What is your favourite word?
I suspect it could be “love”, despite its drawbacks in the rhyming department.
Björn Ulvaeus

Shaun Harrison
Zander

Post by Shaun Harrison »

Dave Burr wrote:Shaun spoke volumes with his method for embedding the flavour and his suggestion to experiment. .
Shucks :Hat:

Stathamender
Tench

Post by Stathamender »

Shaun Harrison wrote:
Dave Burr wrote:Shaun spoke volumes with his method for embedding the flavour and his suggestion to experiment. .
Shucks :Hat:
I think I'll pass on the straw method though. Anybody tried blowing Gauloises or Gitanes smoke over them for the full French effect?
Iain

What is your favourite word?
I suspect it could be “love”, despite its drawbacks in the rhyming department.
Björn Ulvaeus

Return to “Traditional Fishing Bait”