High Pro

This is the place to discuss the fishing baits.
Dallan47
Minnow

High Pro

Post by Dallan47 »

looking through my September 1976 Coarse Fisherman Magazine I came across an add for Philips High Pro bait.About that time on the way to fish Stoneham Lakes I visited my local Tackle shop in Portswood and the owner either sold me cheap or free a tub of Philips High Pro bait.Ariiving to fish tried the bait and caught a good catch of Tench and Bream.Great bait just mix with water put on hook and fish under a float or free line Memories.

RBTraditional
Catfish

Re: High Pro

Post by RBTraditional »

It is very nostalgic looking back through old magazines, particularly the advertisements and the prices of tackle and bait back then, mind you its all relative to the present day prices against wages I suppose.
I remember HiPro hitting my local tackle shop and like you, Norman the owner giving me a small sample pot to try......I do remember the very heady, yeasty pong, but can't remember if Kev and I actually caught on it. We were fishing Somerhill Park lake near Tonbridge around that time for the carp as well as our usual forays onto the Medway and Beult with our friend Richard O.....happy days indeed.
" Angling is not an escape from life, but often a deeper immersion into it..."

https://thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk/

Richard O
Silver Bream

Post by Richard O »

Talking of Somerhill Lake....

This was taken at Somerhill lake (late 70's) not sure who the gentleman was, or what his fish was caught on, but I remember being very honoured to take the photo. I remember seeing the carp jumping out of the water through the mist at dawn. Very memorable times.....

RBTraditional
Catfish

Post by RBTraditional »

That's Terry London mate....bump into him infrequently around tonbridge area.. usually in a pub, when I'm visiting family. Nice guy and a was very good carp man.....not sure that he still fishes though....
I still see some of the other Somerhill chaps.....Nige Bradshaw, Chris Brown and Henry Wareham fairly regularly.....they are all still keen and out on the bank regularly....don't see so much of Foxy as he lives in Cornwall now, but he's still wetting a line and his throat in the pub :Chuckle:
" Angling is not an escape from life, but often a deeper immersion into it..."

https://thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk/

Return to “Traditional Fishing Bait”