Chris Yates bread paste

This is the place to discuss the fishing baits.
N9nty
Roach

Re: Chris Yates bread paste

Post by N9nty »

I fish with breadflake most of the time as it seems to be the most successful bait where I fish, sweetcorn is my next option. It may be that maggots would also be successful but I live along way from the nearest fishing shop so have not bought any for years (are they still 6d a pint). I buy my bread from a small bakery as I find that supermarket bread just goes into a solid lump when squeezed onto the shank of the hook and it is impossible to fish it as flake.
Some years I was amused to read an article in one of the fishing comics by a writer who advised anglers to only use natural baits such as, you've guessed it.....bread.

John
The older I get the better I was.

Marc
Sea Trout

Post by Marc »

Liquidised bread in a feeder and a big lump on the hook, usually, is as close to dead cert' bait I know.
Marc. (Prince of Durham)

“A life that partakes even a little of friendship, love, irony, humor, parenthood, literature, and music, and the chance to take part in battles for the liberation of others cannot be called 'meaningless'...”

Stathamender
Tench

Post by Stathamender »

Prince of Durham wrote:Liquidised bread in a feeder and a big lump on the hook, usually, is as close to dead cert' bait I know.
Closed feeder or open one?
Iain

What is your favourite word?
I suspect it could be “love”, despite its drawbacks in the rhyming department.
Björn Ulvaeus

Return to “Traditional Fishing Bait”