Particle baits with a dash of...

This is the place to discuss the fishing baits.
The Tuesday Swim
Grayling

Particle baits with a dash of...

Post by The Tuesday Swim »

I'm quite a fan of particles with a hook bait fished over the top, the hook bait tends to vary depending on the venue, bollie, sweetcorn etc

Now I quite like adding condensed milk to add sweetness and a great cloud attractant but for a change or an addition to the condensed milk does anyone recommend a dash of something else?

GloucesterOldSpot

Re: Particle baits with a dash of...

Post by GloucesterOldSpot »

Not an additive as such, but I do keep the liquid in which the particles were cooked. If you judge the quantities right you can get it so there is only just enough left after cooking to keep them from drying out, and this becomes really concentrated - especially after a few days when it starts to ferment. This clouds the water around the bait and really gets the carp searching. The hardest bit is getting the liquid out to where you want it, but there are some modern devil-inspired inventions that ought not to be mentioned on here which will help (you know what I mean!)

The Tuesday Swim
Grayling

Post by The Tuesday Swim »

gloucesteroldspot wrote:Not an additive as such, but I do keep the liquid in which the particles were cooked. If you judge the quantities right you can get it so there is only just enough left after cooking to keep them from drying out, and this becomes really concentrated - especially after a few days when it starts to ferment. This clouds the water around the bait and really gets the carp searching. The hardest bit is getting the liquid out to where you want it, but there are some modern devil-inspired inventions that ought not to be mentioned on here which will help (you know what I mean!)
Are we talking the P** mixing with O2 timeless conundrum, that Izaak himself couldn't solve?

LuckyLuca
Barbel

Post by LuckyLuca »

I add coconut milk to my particles, similar to condensed milk cloud wise but a different flavour to the mix. It's worked quite well on my local farm lake.
I walked across an empty land
I knew the pathway like the back of my hand
I felt the earth beneath my feet
Sat by the river and it made me complete.

St.John
Tench

Post by St.John »

Sugar and salt. Works a treat.
"Be patient and calm-for no man can catch fish in anger."

Return to “Traditional Fishing Bait”