Dendrobaena

This is the place to discuss the fishing baits.
JW1
Grayling

Re: Dendrobaena

Post by JW1 »

I think I have both dendrobaena and brandlings in my composter and the only way I can tell them apart is the yellow fluid that comes out of the brandlings when hooked. I haven't noticed any difference in catch rates though, has anyone noticed a difference?

JW

Troydog
Tench

Post by Troydog »

No difference in anything really JW1, It does seem though, that the more a worm wriggles, whatever it is called, the more likely we are to get a bite.......
Trouble is, the fish just don't read the books......
John Harding

ExeAngler
Chub

Post by ExeAngler »

Chopped worm and caster...Good on the Pole but not very Traditional in that configuration. I use dendrobaenas a lot, often Float fishing with single baits, when feeding something else. A good bait when you are getting pestered by small fish on Maggot. I find if there is a Perch around they will have one. I have started my own wormery with dendras so have a bit of a crop now. I had some savage bites on dendras this Sunday just gone but missed everyone of them!!!!

Troydog
Tench

Post by Troydog »

Hooking worms is interesting ExeAngler. There is some debate about it - I sometimes just hook red worms and brandlngs in the head on the basis that the worm will not impede the hook penetration. Other times, for no good reason I'll hook a lob half way along. I did that today for my 3lb perch on the Wye. When I miss a lot of bites I try to adjust he hooking of the worm.....
Trouble is, the fish just don't read the books......
John Harding

Return to “Traditional Fishing Bait”