Tinned Meat

This is the place to discuss the fishing baits.
Carp Artist
Arctic Char

Re: Tinned Meat

Post by Carp Artist »

Hi
have not used them yet but a chap at one of my local lakes showed them to me last season. I must admit that I was impressed with what I saw,will have to get some and give them a test run.
Not a fish was visible that first time I visited Beechmere; an utter
stillness brooded over the place and I felt the strange and sinister atmosphere which, so the story goes,
has been the cause of several suicides.’
BB – Confessions of a Carp Fisher

Crafty Carassius

Post by Crafty Carassius »

Aldi's own Hunter's Pork & Ham is reasonably priced.
I mix mine overnight with flavourings from our local butcher; he uses these powdered flavourings to coat his BBQ style meats.
Two flavours to try for starters are "Chinese Style" and also "Sticky Maple Syrup".
Speaking from experience I can guarantee fish on the bank when using these.

– Hope this helps!

Bjp
Chub

Post by Bjp »

i glugged up some meat the other day and used the source liquid, seems the carp like it.

regards

bjp :Hat:

Aitch
Pike

Post by Aitch »

I tried a different method for using tinned meat this week... it was devastating.. I used these...

you cut a slice of meat to your desired thickness... punch the meat twice and the first piece is pushed up into the recessed bit of the punch, then you just feed the hook into the tube of meat in the recess and away you go... it really is a great alternative if the fish have wised up on the cubes... :Thumb: :Hat: :Cool:
Just one more cast love, and I'll be on me way home

Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but pictures and memories

Snape
Bailiff

Post by Snape »

Even though I don't fish pressured waters I never cut meat into cubes but always rip off chunks so they are all sorts of shapes and sizes.
I like bacon grill or garlic spam. I often fry luncheon meat with some curry powder.
“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Michael
Tench

Post by Michael »

Funny that, I`ve never used cubes, cylinder shaped meat, I just tear or rip it off, the only regular shape I use, are meatballs or bits of sausage.....

Aitch
Pike

Post by Aitch »

those cutters come in small sizes so you can target the smaller species that have a taste for the meat... I was catching pound plus Roach on the small pellets of meat at Docklow this week.... it can be easily hair rigged as well with the push-stop hooks or just hooked as normal
Just one more cast love, and I'll be on me way home

Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but pictures and memories

Danny Boy
Arctic Char

Post by Danny Boy »

I go fishing not to find myself...but to lose myself

Old Nell

Post by Old Nell »

always tear it. better leakage of attractants. what about BLACK PUDDING!!! anybody tried it apart from me.very soft and i caught zilch on a prolific stretch of upper lee, but i'm STILL convinced it will work.[note to self]MUST TRY AGAIN
Mark

Grazy

Post by Grazy »

Black pudding is supposed to be an excellent chub bait. I've been using meat for a long time now it's my number one choice on the rivers for all the reasons previously mentioned. Recently a fellow TFF member kindly gave me an old style meat punch and a tin of the infamous garlic spam and I cleaned up on tench on our local pool. In the past I've chopped and shaped the standard 1" cube for barbel thinking they'd got wise and used the offcuts as free offerings in a bait dropper with hemp but it doesn't seem to make much difference and I soon reverted back to cutting it into strips then braking a piece off leaving a jagged edge. Home Bargains do the full range for £1 a tin and it's worked for me every trip so far this season.

Return to “Traditional Fishing Bait”