Tinned Meat

This is the place to discuss the fishing baits.
Trevor
Eel

Re: Tinned Meat

Post by Trevor »

I feared as much.
I can never seem it find Bacon Grill. Is it generally available, or only found in certain shops?

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

I've found it in Asda, Lidl's anone or two other supermarkets but Spam works so you can always use that.

Mario
Eel

Post by Mario »

i know chris yates used to be known as the sweetcorn kid but a mate of mine used to to call me the luncheon meat kid as i used to use it all the time ive cought hundreds of barbel on it and chub and ive cought thousands of carp on it including last night ive even cought tench as well

Snape
Bailiff

Post by Snape »

Mazza wrote:i know chris yates used to be known as the sweetcorn kid but a mate of mine used to to call me the luncheon meat kid as i used to use it all the time ive cought hundreds of barbel on it and chub and ive cought thousands of carp on it including last night ive even cought tench as well
Agree. It is my top bait.
“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Mario
Eel

Post by Mario »

one evening fishing on the severn at bewdey i was packing up id chucked in the remains of my luncheon meat at my feet in no more the foot of water i stood up and was three or four barbel there scoffing it. another good method i used to use in one swim was trotting small pieces of meat down by a bush with a chubber i used to get barbel every trot down when i got the depth and line right it was that good

Snape
Bailiff

Post by Snape »

Has anyone had success with huge lumps of tinned meat ie 1/2 or more of a can on the hook?
“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

JerryC
Crucian Carp

Post by JerryC »

Have had success on various versions of 'meat' (although I prefer to do the flavouring myself), also for a change cheap tinned 'frankies' can work very well for barbel.
If you understand what you’re doing, you’re not learning anything...........

Mario
Eel

Post by Mario »

i dont think thats needed snape and would cost a fortune plus the meat would probly fly off

Mario
Eel

Post by Mario »

meatballs are another good bait for barbel i have had great days fishing under my rod top on a flooded river severn

Richard C
Brown Trout

Post by Richard C »

Snape wrote:Has anyone had success with huge lumps of tinned meat ie 1/2 or more of a can on the hook?

"We're gonna need a bigger hook!" :Hahaha:

"We shall not cease from exploration. And the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.".
T. S Eliot
http://richard-cleaver.blogspot.co.uk/

Return to “Traditional Fishing Bait”