Small feeders <5g

Made some other form of traditional fishing tackle.
TrentFisher
Grayling

Re: Small feeders <5g

Post by TrentFisher » Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:47 pm

1-5ml-Centrifuge-Tubes-Microcentrifuge-transparent-Plastic-Test-Sample-Vials-Lab-Supplies-200-PCS.jpg_50x50.jpg
Just a thought,I was looking for small feeders /bait carriers to go with my mini quiver rod.I came across centrifugal tubes which look interesting .Some fettling needed but maybe useful ?
Not had time to investigate further but my initial thoughts would be some form of link at the narrow end,maybe a hole drilled in the end to take a short link locked either side with the required shot and a swivel to finish.
Loose the end cap and drill holes if required.
Leave the cap in place ,drill body ...could make a neat pinkies feeder.............work in progress

All the best
Nige.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Troydog
Arctic Char

Re: Small feeders <5g

Post by Troydog » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:11 am

Many thanks for this Nige - it was amazing wandering round B&Q yesterday, and I probably could have found your centrifuge tubes had I known what I was looking for!! Its all good fun trying to make bits and pieces. I am optimistic that the pizza mesh from Dunelm will work in the first instance - I will let you know.....
Trouble is, the fish just don't read the books......
John Harding

Return to “Making Other Items of Traditional Fishing Tackle”