ANOTHER DIY PROJECT - KITCHEN UTENSILS CONTINUED

Made some other form of traditional fishing tackle.
Barbulus
Tench

Re: ANOTHER DIY PROJECT - KITCHEN UTENSILS CONTINUED

Post by Barbulus »

PART FOUR OF FOUR

Well Ladies and Gentlemen.......the sun is out......the varnish has dried overnight....so now for the concluding part of this simple DIY Project.....

Firstly....the "rolling pin" handle has had a simple "decal" wrapped around and the old "rod button" - that in part was originally responsible for this project thought process - carefully screwed into place in the brass 3/8th's boss we epoxied in a day or so ago. After the varnish yesterday, this morning it now looks like this....

We can now slot into place the "quill/Norfolk Reed" piece we also made and it will then look like this.....it is the "sighting mechanism"....

Next.....simply "whip" some elastic and a pouch to the brass "D" rings on the two cane arms and lay the various components on the top of the printer for the explanatory photograph of what you should now have......a fully portable ..."slot together"....stuff the various bits into obscure pockets.... simple catapult......I have called it the "MK I Collapsa - Pult"......(Formal Patents' Pending......Ha !)

I tested it this morning firing corn and bait over the green field space opposite me and can confirm that it launches bait probably further than I can reasonably cast so it seems to be functional as well as providing a useful diversionary tactic from the house painting DIY chores..........unfortunately more of which still awaits.

I hope you enjoyed the "Catapult Project"...........is it "Traditional" ? Well.....a bit like the "simple cane bobbins" and "Dab Chukka" and the "Gladiator MK I" projects...possibly not..... but it will give perhaps a "Victorian" sense to the river and lake side and made me smile !

Bjp
Chub

Post by Bjp »

Sir that is awesome

regards

bjp :Hat:

Barney
Grayling

Post by Barney »

Well done Matt,very nicely made items and display,
Barney

Barbulus
Tench

Post by Barbulus »

Many thanks Barney - and by the way - I used one of those marvellous stepped reed floats you made for me - on the last day of the season here abouts - the one with the "bone" tip. It performed magnificently trotting down the weir pool on the Bristol Avon....I am prepared to swop my HP Printer "display" for your wooden cabinet display case though...ha ha ha !

Old Nell

Post by Old Nell »

Very nice Matthew. Must admit I didn't work it out straight away, but the end result is brilliant.
I've got the other two of Barney's lovely bone floats by the way. Wondered who had the other two.
Best regards Mark

Barbulus
Tench

Post by Barbulus »

Mark - "Barney's "bone tip" floats are pretty special aren't they....so you have two and I have the other two.....are there more I wonder.....

Old Nell

Post by Old Nell »

I don't know if there's any more. I saw the 4 of them in one of Barney's posts and had to enquire. Camel bone I believe. Knew "somebody" had got two so I quickly snaffled the other pair.
Best regards Mark

Mark
Head Bailiff

Post by Mark »

Very nice.
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

Swythyn Troutbeck
Grayling

Post by Swythyn Troutbeck »

:wave:

I stand in awe.

Troutbeck
When I'm not fishin' I'm fettlin'

Barbulus
Tench

Post by Barbulus »

Gentlemen - thank you for the kind comments. The "Mk I. Collapsa-Pult" has now been donated to a fellow piscator so you might see it on the banks next season....there again you might see two of them because I am tempted to make another now.........Noooooooooooooooooooo !

Return to “Making Other Items of Traditional Fishing Tackle”