More car boot finds

Made some other form of traditional fishing tackle.
Reedling
Catfish

Re: More car boot finds

Post by Reedling »

What ever you do don't walk away because they wont come down a bit. I never learn lessons I know I should have learnt... I wish I had a pound for each time I went back for something, thinking to my self, it wasn't that bad a price, then seeing someone holding it in their hand and handing over the dosh! Control is not getting to the stage when all shelves are full and you have some flat surfaces and wall spaces free! Just enjoy it, you only live once.

LuckyLuca
Barbel

Post by LuckyLuca »

It's the opposite I struggle with Reedling. Buying something because it's cheap, not because I need or even want it!
I walked across an empty land
I knew the pathway like the back of my hand
I felt the earth beneath my feet
Sat by the river and it made me complete.

Reedling
Catfish

Post by Reedling »

Don't be fooled, I am just the same, if it is cheap it comes home with us regardless. How can you leave behind a box of floats for a couple of quid, even though you have hundreds! or crested china and old seaside souvenirs for 50p's. We keep storing it up saying we shall do a fair at some point or stick it on *bay... it just don't happen!!! And, And books.... I wont go there! The kids say god help us if anything should happen and we have to sort the house out, even our caravan has now become a shed/storage area. But it is not rubbish, it is all good stuff, bargains. :Hahaha:

LuckyLuca
Barbel

Post by LuckyLuca »

Bargains!! That's always the downfall! The number of times I've said "well it was too cheap not to buy it!"
My youngest comes with me, he likes Beano and Dandy. I'd estimate we have 2000 comics and annuals, toys, hot water bottles, badges, cups god knows what else. Still wants to look for more!
I walked across an empty land
I knew the pathway like the back of my hand
I felt the earth beneath my feet
Sat by the river and it made me complete.

Reedling
Catfish

Post by Reedling »

He sounds like a 'chip off the old block' to me, good on him. Keep at it and hope you both find many more bargains... I am off to our Friday one right now. :Thumb:

Reedling
Catfish

Post by Reedling »

Sometimes I wonder how much rubbish can come together in one place, that was the boot fair today. Not a whiff of old tackle but I did come away with one of those old beach wooden post windbreaks made of deck chair material for £2.

Return to “Making Other Items of Traditional Fishing Tackle”