Bank Sticks....

Made some other form of traditional fishing tackle.
Paul D

Re: Bank Sticks....

Post by Paul D »

Loop Erimder wrote::drool: :drool: :drool:
Can I add to Loops post.... :drool:

Wallys-Cast
Pike

Post by Wallys-Cast »

Lovely looking bank sticks, that flame mottled cane really does set them apart and gives them a proper traditional look. :clap: :clap:

Wal.

The Sweetcorn Kid
Wild Carp

Post by The Sweetcorn Kid »

Really beautiful them!!
SK
The Compleat Tangler

“Imagination is the real magic that exists in this world. Look inwards to see outwards. And capture it in writing.”

Nigel 'Fennel' Hudson

Click here for my Youtube Channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeoyLH ... 5H4u8sTDgA

Trilob
Chub

Post by Trilob »

stunning!

Capebreton
Perch

Post by Capebreton »

they are out of this world.

Barbulus
Tench

Post by Barbulus »

Well fellow TFF'ers....I am just back in from a long afternoon out looking at places up near Gloucester........but awaiting my retur....Ms "Postie" ......who had discretely hidden a cardboard parcel in our driveway; a delightful surprise from a mystery benefactor and friend.

Image ...........

Image .........

Image .........

I have been asked to "on pass" some to two other TFF'ers; neither of whom as I type know that they will soon also be the lucky recipient of the fantastic skill and generosity of a member of this Forum. I know who he is but he has asked to remain anonymous.........however.....publically "young man"....may I say thankyou once again for your marvellous ability to make a truly fantastic teatime here.......a delightful surprise parcel to open and once again a very generous gift to the three of us other TFF Members. Thank you. I shall be using mine at The Moat next week as will at least one other TFF friend.

Loop Erimder
Wild Carp

Post by Loop Erimder »

They are proper posh very nice indeed :mrgreen:
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

Now I know why Wal didn't have time to take a rod of mine on ... and justifiably so ... the Bank sticks are simply superb. :Hat:
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Wallys-Cast
Pike

Post by Wallys-Cast »

AshbyCut wrote:Now I know why Wal didn't have time to take a rod of mine on ... and justifiably so ... the Bank sticks are simply superb. :Hat:

Not mine I'm afraid Mal, I only wish I could lay claim to the superb work.

I do know from experience that he has put many hours into making the wooden rod rest heads, there is only so much of it that can be safely done on a lathe, the rest of it is hand finished.

Bravo that man. :clap:

Wal.

Barbulus
Tench

Post by Barbulus »

Wal - I can also now add that I had not appreciated that the TFF maker of these has hollowed each one out in addition to making everything - the result is that they weigh a mere 2 ozs. Incredible ! Four are mahogany heads and two are oak.

Return to “Making Other Items of Traditional Fishing Tackle”