Almost perfect......?

Made some other form of traditional fishing tackle.
Wagtail
Arctic Char

Re: Almost perfect......?

Post by Wagtail »

RBT Sir, Is the rod rest one piece or does the head screw into a separate bank stick?
'The Chub is a very controversial fish. He has a strong army of supporters, but he has an almost equally strong army of detractors. The trouble is that the detractors do not know what they are talking about'. L. Vernon-Bates

RBTraditional
Catfish

Post by RBTraditional »

It's one piece of nature's bounty Wagtail.....I've only ever found three where the fork is so well balanced and I spend a lot of time looking......
" Angling is not an escape from life, but often a deeper immersion into it..."

https://thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk/

James
Rudd

Post by James »

RBT lovely rod rest. Sounds like your working life and leisure is heavenly.

RBTraditional
Catfish

Post by RBTraditional »

Well I took "The keeper" out to a swollen river Medway today on it's first outing and it's turned out lucky.......

Bumble
Rainbow Trout

Post by Bumble »

Wonderful words wonderful rests .
Bumble

Barbulus
Tench

Post by Barbulus »

Yep ! Liking the Hazel and the Retriever too...... terrific rod rests. ! I have the latter and live currently on the edge of an estate with pretty much immediate access to the countryside but......a country cottage....woods and fields.....that is my wish !

TrentFisher
Crucian Carp

Post by TrentFisher »

RBT,

thank you for your post ,I did enjoy the read .Your rod rest looks to be a beauty.
I will be on the look out locally for a nice piece of hazel to have ago at one myself at some point.

...Just on the construction do you harden the point in anyway or simple shape.sharpen and off you go?

Kind Regards
Nige.

Wallys-Cast
Pike

Post by Wallys-Cast »

The perfect stick Rob, very nice find mate.

I cant go out for walk now without looking into trees for potential rod rests. I saw a beauty a couple of weeks ago but it was right outside someone's house and although the thought of a midnight raid crossed my mind, I really wouldn't dare. :Chuckle:

Imagine getting caught up someone's tree during the hours of darkness, "honestly officer I was only trying to get a really nice looking branch for my collection". :Hahaha: The local paper would have a field day..

Wal.

RBTraditional
Catfish

Post by RBTraditional »

TF....I used to harden the points by tempering them, but now I just rely on seasoning them for 12 months and then sharpening them. .....they seem as good, and I just re sharpen when required.

Wal.....He who dares wins mate....I wouldn't hesitate....get your ladder round there pronto! The old bill are far too busy trying to catch people for walking on the cracks in the pavement, wearing loud shirts in a built up area, loitering with intent of using a zebra crossing etc etc .......you could always tell em you were "special branch"..... :laugh1:

Wallys-Cast
Pike

Post by Wallys-Cast »

Wal.....He who dares wins mate....I wouldn't hesitate....get your ladder round there pronto! The old bill are far too busy trying to catch people for walking on the cracks in the pavement, wearing loud shirts in a built up area, loitering with intent of using a zebra crossing etc etc .......you could always tell em you were "special branch"..... :laugh1:[/quote]

Excellent mate.. :laugh1:

Return to “Making Other Items of Traditional Fishing Tackle”