Asbach Praline float box

Made some other form of traditional fishing tackle.
Old Man River
Eel

Asbach Praline float box

Post by Old Man River »

Hi .. OMR here .. I thought I would post up my old( new) float box, it came to me two years ago,as a Christmas present but since consuming the contents it has stood lonely as a cloud amongs many other "to do" projects, so a couple of months ago on a rainy day I decided to put it to a better use..
Firstly I had to remove the sticky paper labels, that was easily done by heating them with a hair dryer, they pealed off easily enough but left a sticky residue, that was removed by Turpentine substitute and a good wipe with a clean rag.
Then just a few coats of clear varnish and when dry I stuck some foam float holders inside, cost about £3.00 , and now I have a reasonable box for some of my floats.

Since Christmas is fast approaching, suggest one of these boxes,not too expensive , either for yourself or she who must be obeyed, eat what is inside and then you will have a cheap float box, which although I say it myself has rather a nice picture on the front.

The floats are all my own work, except for a couple which have found their way into the set over the years....most of them are not too pretty, but do serve their purpose well enough !

OMR
Hurrumph....... whatever happened to Handlines ?

Barbulus
Tench

Re: Asbach Praline float box

Post by Barbulus »

Very nice; elegant and Praline is quite tasty too.

Return to “Making Other Items of Traditional Fishing Tackle”