Rod storage

Made some other form of traditional fishing tackle.
Loop Erimder
Wild Carp

Re: Rod storage

Post by Loop Erimder »

Good idea that but I want mine kinda on display too
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish

PDuffield
Grayling

Post by PDuffield »

Loop Erimder wrote:Good idea that but I want mine kinda on display too
Fair enough I can understand that, but I've always understood that cane rods should be suspended in their bags to reduce the risk of them developing a set.

The VFC
Brown Trout

Post by The VFC »

pduffield wrote:A simpler alternative to a custom rack would be to fix a length of picture rail to the wall. My house was built when high ceilings and picture rails were the norm, so I hang my rods from a picture rail using picture hooks.
That is genius Paul: how I wish I still lived in a house with a picture rail. We are inunndated with rods here and, like you, I prefer to hang them from the bag loops so it drive Mrs. VFC crazy!

Sparky

Post by Sparky »

I put a screw in one of the beams of our shed. If you use a long enough screw, you can often hang three rods off a single screw - there isn't much of a moment put on it.

Sparky

Loop Erimder
Wild Carp

Post by Loop Erimder »

We have picture rails in the living room but I dont think mrs loop would be impressed with hanging cane rods, she already said I cant have a stuffed fish on the wall
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish

Sparky

Post by Sparky »

Have it on a bookshelve then.

Or in place of the television - who needs one of those anyway?

Sparky

Snape
Bailiff

Post by Snape »

Sparky wrote:there isn't much of a moment put on it.
Ah excellent a physicist! :thumb:
“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Sparky

Post by Sparky »

My love is electronics, but I enjoy mechanics too!

Snape
Bailiff

Post by Snape »

Are you doing A levels?
If so, in what subjects?
“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Sparky

Post by Sparky »

Yes, I'm doing:

Maths, Further Maths, Physics, German.

If I'm honest, I had some pretty bad results in my AS. I've got one more year to sort it out. Physics was good - okay with that, but maths let me down. I can do all the maths. Ask me to find the limits, work with different types of space, do crazy stuff with limits, etc and I'll do it in a flash. But for some reason I clog up in the real thing. I was getting A's and A*'s in all my mocks (in test conditions), but then just doesn't work out in the real thing.

It seems like a way to blame someone other than myself, but I genuinely feel that the goal posts have been moved. Besides, physics and maths exams seem to twist questions in such a way that I should take English to understand them. I never wanted to take English, just tell me clearly what you want, and I'll find it for you.

Nevermind though, eh? :)

Return to “Making Other Items of Traditional Fishing Tackle”